Saturday, 2020-09-26, 12:36 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Interesting Games » Our first Michael kill in 1.21c (+ Some comments about the map)
Our first Michael kill in 1.21c
MoromelFecha: Thursday, 2017-02-09, 10:39 AM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
Hi Everyone!

First of all I would like to say thanks to ImmortalSiegfried for creating this absolutely fantastic map! We have only discovered it a month ago and have been playing with my friends in LAN 2-3 times a week. We are not nearly as good as most of the players here on the forum, but we have managed to kill Michael for the first time yesterday after playing for a month. None of us have played these heroes before, although I saw a bunch of replays and was able to help my teammates with skills and item progression. Once again, I know our gameplay is very very far from perfect or even optimal.

Our team:
De4d (me) - Worker
Rmz - Infernal
Edem - LC - Ancient Vampire
Rwin - Defender

Replay: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6NCZlarPVWY2NkelNpVWkxeXc/view?usp=sharing
I hope the replay is not corrupted, I haven't had the time to check it, but we did have 2-3 10 minutes breaks.

I would like to say thanks to everyone who shares his replays on this forum, without these guides, this map would be a lot more difficult.
I really like the way the map is designed, at first the 3 hour gameplay seems too long, but once you know how to farm in the forest/other areas it gets very exciting and there is no time to waste.

I do have some negative comments as well. smile I think a bit more information could be shared in the changelogs/forum. I know that the whole exchange point system is designed so that people who really want, can get information regarding bosses, but in my opinion getting exchange points is the privilege of a few elite players as others do not have the time or skill to get enough points. Getting 1 point for example is completely useless in my opinion as you can't really use it for anything good. I understand the concept of this system and I know that high level bosses are not meant to be killed by everyone, but I think the game could be more popular if a little more information was shared on the forum. And I'm not talking about user posts, I'm talking about some beginner's guide for example, and sharing all boss changes in the changelogs not only armor and damage changes, but ability changes so people who just began playing the map can access this information from the forum and not only from replays which takes a lot more time. I mean if all the information can be accessed from replays than why not share it in text on the forum? It just doesn't make any sense to me honestly.

All in all I think this is the best warcraft map I have played with in this genre although it could be a bit more user friendly.

Thank you for reading this and sorry for the wall of text smile
phucnv31Fecha: Thursday, 2017-02-09, 3:24 PM | Mensaje # 2
Sergeant
Good game!, you need to kill   neutral bosses faster. if lucky drop, you could spawn black item "deathless" and it will help you kill endlaika .
Cast ability of deathless will help your hero can not be killed by endlaika in about 10 seconds

Message edited by phucnv31 - Thursday, 2017-02-09, 3:28 PM
KarifeanFecha: Thursday, 2017-02-09, 5:51 PM | Mensaje # 3
Colonel
Group: Partner
Congrats on the Michael kill!

I know that the whole exchange point system is designed so that people who
really want, can get information regarding bosses, but in my opinion
getting exchange points is the privilege of a few elite players as
others do not have the time or skill to get enough points.
Really IMO it's far preferable to keep fighting bosses and figuring out their quirks yourself. That's half the fun =P Our team's been playing for a long time now and we've never used any points on Boss Information, and we've been able to kill bosses just fine.
MoromelFecha: Thursday, 2017-02-09, 7:25 PM | Mensaje # 4
Private
Quote phucnv31 ()
Good game!, you need to kill neutral bosses faster. if lucky drop, you could spawn black item "deathless" and it will help you kill endlaika .Cast ability of deathless will help your hero can not be killed by endlaika in about 10 seconds
Hi phucnv31!

Thanks for watching! smile Yes, we were very slow with neutral bosses. This game was centered around Michael, and I knew that with the world is my prey + my Shandris squad we could beat him. In other games we managed to kill Byatis and the Faceless Deathbringer, but even with the drops from those bosses we weren't able to kill Michael so that was our primary target now.

Quote Karifean ()
Really IMO it's far preferable to keep fighting bosses and figuring out their quirks yourself. That's half the fun =P Our team's been playing for a long time now and we've never used any points on Boss Information, and we've been able to kill bosses just fine.
Hi Karifean!

Thanks!
I'm not saying that Immortal should post a detailed description about each boss, but if he changes a boss I think at least some hint like "Michael has a new ability" could be included in the changelogs. For example we tried to hold Michael with the titans and it worked for like a minute and then Michael instant killed the titan. Afterwards I found somewhere on the forum that he has an ability which after some time can instantly kill the unit attacked. We can figure this stuff out from replays or the forum but I think it would be more player friendly to at least give some hint in the changelogs so you can expect that something is different and not just be totally surprised.
I know this map isn't for everyone and we really enjoy it a lot, we just don't have enough time to try a lot of tactics because of work, etc. But if there was something in the changelog indicating that the bossfight will be somewhat different than we would try to think of another tactic and not the one which was already used previously.
DrekTharFecha: Thursday, 2017-02-09, 8:23 PM | Mensaje # 5
Colonel
Group: Partner
Quote Moromel ()
For example we tried to hold Michael with the titans and it worked for like a minute and then Michael instant killed the titan. Afterwards I found somewhere on the forum that he has an ability which after some time can instantly kill the unit attacked

Well, that's something people have been kind to provide other players. If you keep searching you'll find other things which can be helpful too. I'm not really sure what you're asking for - but it sounds to me like you want the experienced players to give you all the info they have on bosses so that everyone is on equal grounds? To me, the beauty of HOTE is that there are no "rollovers" - meaning you will start with the same hero as everyone else (no save/load).

Some things are pretty common knowledge and people can share that with you - just ask and people will try to reply.
Quote Moromel ()
it would be more player friendly to at least give some hint in the changelogs so you can expect that something is different and not just be totally surprised
There hasn't been any changes to Michael that I am aware of, so you'll have to be more specific about that. There are always changes to new abilities/buffs/nerf. However, as Karifean said - much of the challenge is figuring this out on your own.
MoromelFecha: Thursday, 2017-02-09, 9:48 PM | Mensaje # 6
Private
Hi DrekThar!

I think you misunderstood me a bit. I have read many threads on the forum and have gathered a lot of useful information and I know that most of them comes from players like yourself by sharing info and replays and I am really thankful for that. (I saw some of your replays with Party Team....simply brilliant plays!) All I am saying is that for instance in the changelogs there are plenty of detailed information about items/abilities and also about bosses like this: Kel'Thuzad Hex ability have damage amplification(only normal attacks) for the duration. or this: Darigaaz don't have Breath of Fire anymore.
But for instance I saw a replay in which Michael was killed by some towers built to the right side of the middle forest in 1.19c. Michael probably wasn't a flying unit back then, but now he is, as in another replay I saw him flying over the river above the forest area to be killed by the Titan.
This change, that Michael became a flying unit wasn't mentioned in the changelog, it can be found on the forum or in replays but it wasn't mentioned at all in the changelogs. Obviously I don't want Immortal to include this info in the changelog like this: Michael is a flying unit now so you can't kill it by hiding towers into an area of which he has no visibility, but in my opinion it would be nice of him to write: Something has been changed about Michael or Michael has a new ability. That way he doesn't tell what has been changed but still people will know that they have to look out for something.

Quote DrekThar ()
To me, the beauty of HOTE is that there are no "rollovers" - meaning you will start with the same hero as everyone else (no save/load).

I totally agree with you on this one. Everyone has the same chances it just depends on skill, tactics and a little bit of luck.
Forum » Forum » Interesting Games » Our first Michael kill in 1.21c (+ Some comments about the map)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: