Tuesday, 2018-11-20, 2:57 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: jasieknms  
Forum » Forum » Interesting Games » Kill Micheal without "Bugs" (No crush, hunt begins, or black knight.)
Kill Micheal without "Bugs"
BellersFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-02, 7:28 AM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
Hi there! The three of us, Assassin, Murgle, and Dante killed Michael with an... unorthodox strategy. Because of Warcraft III's engine, there is a max attack speed for every character. There is a point where no matter how much "attack speed" points you have you will only attack so fast. For example, let's say that a the Wraith has a max attack speed of 1 attack per second. If she gets more attack speed points (Golden Gauntlets, Mugen, etc...) she will still only attack at 1 attack per second. But these extra attack speed points don't go anywhere, they go into the "reserve". In other words when your character becomes slowed and you have attack speed points in the "reserve" you will cancel out the slow, and still have the same attack speed. This is where Dante comes in.

When Dante uses his ultimate (Slows EVERYONE except for Dante's movement and attack speed) it wouldn't slow down, say, a damage boosted Assassin with extra attack speed points in the "reserve". But it would slow down Rage Michael. Rage Michael becomes super slow. Assassin stays fast. The Assassin can out life link the Raged Michael and as a result the Raged Michael will die from standard damage, no bugs or standard exploits. (I get that the hunt begins isn't a bug but everyone knows about this strategy).

It was the first time for our little group to beat Michael. Just wanted to share a strategy we thought was pretty cool!

P.S. I was the Assassin player and for those of you who look at my replay I would like some tips to become better with her. She's a fun character!
KarifeanFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-02, 7:40 AM | Mensaje # 2
Colonel
Group: Partner
Congrats on beating Michael! Always a great feeling to defeat one of those powerful bosses for the first time, isn't it ^^;

I can give some tips for Assassin if you post the replay, though my first tip is "player with a Keeper of the Sky in your team" lol >.<
BellersFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-02, 4:56 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
I'm having a little trouble sending my replay, at first I thought the "Choose File" option would work? I'm a little new to this... and by copy pasting another player's replay's url I figured out how to do it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file....ile

Sorry for the inconvenience!
KarifeanFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-02, 7:49 PM | Mensaje # 4
Colonel
Man for the first 30 minutes or so I felt like, what is this guy talking about he's doing insanely good (with only minor complaints, for example I like to put an early point into Furtive Attack as it allows killing Spitting Spiders first in groups easily, making you take far less damage overall), but then around Ogre Lord's spawn things started to fall apart a little. Through killing the base towers the Light Forces creeps begun annihilating Dark Forces creeps, stealing an insane amount of kills from Assassin. This is why you usually don't do that at least in games with heroes that stack on creep kills. Instead your Mur'gul could've started killing crabs and other high level neutral creeps much earlier and get you some great early items.

On top of that, you didn't finish pulling all creeps from the center forest. Namely, a batch of spiders and the Dark Wizard. As Assassin specifically you ABSOLUTELY want to farm the Dark Wizard as well as it gives a very high amount of damage. Same goes for the Draenai in the cave which should've absolutely taken priority for you over pulling the left side creeps. I don't know if you noticed, but clearing the 7 normal enemies in the cave gives you more damage than the ENTIRE left side. I do like your farming route eventually (tho since it's so on your way why not clear the creeps in the small troll wood as well? shouldn't take more than a few attacks) but the prioritization in getting there is rather questionable to me.

I don't recommend getting an Ares Sword. You never really used or needed it for anything, and could've spent that money on getting your Absolute earlier and sharing the hero armor from it with your team instead of having everyone build up their own Inmortal. Also you might want to upgrade Winds Boots to Wind by buying the recipe again, it makes things easier.

Finally, definitely would've helped if you killed Azazel much earlier for Justice, and of course to not prevent the Byatis spawn (tho I doubt you could've killed her with your setup). Still overall GG and congrats on getting as far as you did, with some more practice and knowledge of the ins and outs of the map you can definitely be a top level team.
BellersFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-02, 9:07 PM | Mensaje # 5
Private
Thanks so much Karifean! We felt having the Dark Forces towers killed early game with the Murgul would help enable me, as I would be able to focus on creeping only, not laning.

I've got some questions, first, when would be the optimal time to take Azazel down? Our group is kind of scared of him, we wait till basically the last 30 minutes before killing him. XD

Next, does Death have a high evasion rate? That's the main reason for us getting the Ares sword, so I could actually hit him. We're pretty sure he does, but now thinking on it our Murgul was able to hit him w/ mythril glave? I don't really know, just want to know definitively if Death has a high evasion.

Finally, I've seen plenty of replays of the Assassin practically one-shotting bosses like Byatus. Is this because of the Keeper of the Sky enabling the Assassin?

Thanks for any response!
KarifeanFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-02, 10:21 PM | Mensaje # 6
Colonel
You're better off removing the need to be on the lane by building towers (Defiler or Water Tower, Defiler if you want to have more freedom against bosses, Water Tower if you don't want to spend much gold on it) or later on hiring War Golems to stall the creeps until Assassin comes by to clear them all at once.

Death does have some evasion, but it's not high at all. In my experience you don't need Ares Sword. Well it's not bad against him, but probably the bigger issue is that, yeah, even if you want Ares Sword against him, you don't need it before that.

Ah one thing I forgot to mention before, when you get Inmortal you can traditionally swap your Mask of Death for another attack speed item or Merlinis Cape. You don't need it to survive anymore so it's usually a wasted slot.

One-shotting bosses happens if you reduce their armor to 0 or lower, at which point Execute does completely unreduced (or even amplified) damage. Keeper of the Sky excels at this as his ultimate ability, among other powerful effects, reduces armor by 200, on top of one of his abilities also reducing armor by an additional 80 points. And then you can also build Darkness Broach, and Decapitator, etc. ...

As for Azazel, with Keeper of the Sky we usually try to do him as early as possible, when we have Absolute, with your comp I'd say do him when you have Supreme and Dragon Slayer, and try to get those items as fast as you can. Also remember to save your Execute to finish him off instead of putting him into his much more dangerous battle phases from the beginning. Definitely helps if your Mur'gul or someone has a Horn of Stampede to use for your Execute, too. And keep in mind that he uses his Hex and Fire Storm ability exactly when you attack him below 50% of his HP, so watch out for that.
predragovictomislavFecha: Sunday, 2018-06-03, 7:45 PM | Mensaje # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Hi there!

New strategy to kill Michael is always nice to see but even better "thing" to see is a new team playing this game.

Im not going to give any advice or anything, just want to say welcome to one of the best maps in Warcraft 3.

GG!
GoikolaketicFecha: Thursday, 2018-07-05, 0:16 AM | Mensaje # 8
Major general
hi i also want give my welcome to new players!
dwynpermana27Fecha: Monday, 2018-07-23, 8:00 AM | Mensaje # 9
Major
Nice trick bro..
Forum » Forum » Interesting Games » Kill Micheal without "Bugs" (No crush, hunt begins, or black knight.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: