Tuesday, 2018-11-20, 3:01 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Guides » Dragon Clan Guide (New Hero) (Request)
Dragon Clan Guide (New Hero)
JGWentworthFecha: Saturday, 2018-07-07, 9:19 PM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
1. What have you guys found out about the new hero dragon clan? Is he any good?
2. What skills do you use? What order do you pick those skills? 
3. What items fit this hero? What order do you buy these items?

(877)CASH-NOW
RilivantFecha: Sunday, 2018-07-08, 0:41 AM | Mensaje # 2
Private
Group: Partner
For third skill, I've been picking Stamina up as level one, that health boost for the whole game is ridiculous. I had over 20k before hydra and only had a hero armour. Too good not to get in my opinion. I haven't been leveling it up much after that only because I've been testing out the other abilities and seeing which ones scaled the best.

I get Task at level  2 and level that all the way up to 8 to get the crabs task ASAP, if you can get the 20 kills and the killing blow on the first boss then you start with 240 dmg boost and it lets you start farming spiders right away.

For the First ability I've been playing with Dragon Slash and Tharos Blow. I like both of them and if you're planning on building a STR build then I would grab  Dragon Slash but I haven't run the numbers and I think Tharos Blow will end up doing more dmg if you can farm and complete a high number of tasks. I usually level this up along Tasks so i can take out bosses quickly and get back to farming.

For the 2nd ability, I've been torn between Tharos Clap and Cutting Scales. Tharos Clap is nice for farming but the heal seems too small to have it for that. Cutting Scales does a lot of damage, but don't get it until you've grouped your farm together because it kills ranged units quickly if you have it at a high level. Dragon skin is nice for the movement bonus but since it's bugged and hasn't been giving HP like it should (I've seen it not give HP and others have noticed that too see bug report) until its fixed, I'd rather have faster farm then movement speed since I get boots anyways.

For gear, this I think is gonna change drastically on person to person but i have been building a mugen first. I like mugen because I can kill Jungle troll easily before Broodmother. I think once again you want to get Hunt as soon as you can, so hit up bosses on the right side for an early drop. Once you get mugen and Cutting scales up behemoth and graveyard are easy.

Typically my order has been: Katana, mask of death, mugen, hero armor, boots, Inmortal, Absolute then depending on drops go from there. Hunt is a must since you are farming so much, you get Drakur from your task skill so kill Behemoth or Tree early so you can start leveling it or it wont be useful to you (I haven't leveled it past three yet so it may not be worth it.) Others might want to weigh in for end game items, I've just been playing with his early to mid set up until my team starts playing again. I've gotten to Bahamut with this set up and cleared to nightmare. I should have gotten further in jungle but was looking at gear options and playing with different stuff so I didn't have the damage when he came. I did however ahve 60k health with only ablities, STR and upgraded Absolute. STR build might be a better option for tanking in a team, he could stun and mana drain with attacks since he doesn't need a lot of items to be tanky late game. Thoughts?

Message edited by Rilivant - Sunday, 2018-07-08, 0:45 AM
predragovictomislavFecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-10, 3:10 AM | Mensaje # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Hi there!
In solo game i started with Tharos Clap (buying boots for ms), immediately you can go and kill 5 small spiders (lure one at coin from below, run between 3 on your left, also lure on far left and kill total of 5 at exit to 2nd lane - run out for evading tree), with little luck you get drop or two. In that time use horse to lure Fulborg (from above of his position) and get free way to coin, now run to main lane, ignore combat there and kill 5 more small spiders left from the bridge, run back to lane so big spider will be teleported. Collect coin and while you was at all this horse bring you clarity potion and TP scroll. Now go collect all 10 small spiders at one spot and kill them then go kill something at lane and repeat (with 20 spiders killed at this point you will probably get 3-4 items and you can use salve for HP regen if needed). After you have completed 1st task (easy while you kill 10 small spiders in one Clap) and you get lvl 4 Clap you can kill big spiders with Clap + 1 hit/spider. With little luck in drops I was almost at lvl 10 Hero when 1st boss message come, after that you can got for some crab farming then run back to lane + spiders and repeat while you use TP scroll for hp and mana recharge. Be fast and you get lvl 14/15 before 2nd boss. I used only Clap/Task skills all the way to lvl 18. Clap is insane healing source, at lvl 9 you get 315 x (number of tasks) every 23 seconds + 3600 AOE dmg and 13 seconds of heavy ms and as reduction on enemy. With Clap you finish task's fast increasing your overall strength to insane levels for early game.
For items i go for Fire staff 1st then Wind boots for TP, next Untouchable to increase my durability vs Boss but be able to drop when not needed (thats why i don't like Hero armor) and for faster farming but probably this hero should go for dps items. Picked Dragon for ultimate skill -> big spell AOE + 3 more usable spells with high dmg early (killed Forrest Troll soon after 3rd lane boss).
As you can see from picture I finished 11 tasks for 3465 HP healing when using lvl 9 Clap - its almost full HP healing. Consider finishing 300 task's per game and you get almost 100k healing every 23 seconds. Also at time when picture was taken (4th boss messaga) i was 1 "step" from collecting all spiders/tress and crabs/turtles (including satyr and wolf from north) at one spot in respective areas.Picture (i use custom Font to see late game boss HP and thats why text is looking weird): 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j14d2fxq37lpecy/Lone%20Wolf.jpg?dl=0
RilivantFecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-10, 5:57 AM | Mensaje # 4
Private
Group: Partner
Cool strat! ^^^
JGWentworthFecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-10, 7:20 AM | Mensaje # 5
Private
Thanks for the response. Ill try out what you said. Im having trouble farming early without Tharos clap but Cutting scales seems awesome late game. Anybody else tried him out?

Added (2018-07-10, 7:20 AM)
---------------------------------------------
When you bring the 10 spiders together how do you avoid pulling the tree?

(877)CASH-NOW
predragovictomislavFecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-10, 8:42 AM | Mensaje # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Quote JGWentworth ()
When you bring the 10 spiders together how do you avoid pulling the tree?

You need to kill first 5 spiders little away from tree, there is one "stone" little south-east from exit to 2nd lane, kill them all above that stone, tree is under slow effect and you can run out. Next step is to collect them with other 5, more north - at spot where was 1 large spider, left from bridge to main lane. I can make some replay later if anyone want and tell me if you want 1.27b or 1.29.2 Warcraft version (or both).

Message edited by predragovictomislav - Tuesday, 2018-07-10, 8:43 AM
JGWentworthFecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-10, 9:25 AM | Mensaje # 7
Private
A replay would be great. 1.29.2 Warcraft version please. Thanks again for the tips. You are the man.

(877)CASH-NOW
predragovictomislavFecha: Wednesday, 2018-07-11, 9:53 AM | Mensaje # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Replay: 
https://www.dropbox.com/s....3g?dl=0

Map file location: Warcraft III\Maps\Download

First apologies, i need to learn how to count spiders, you kill them 6 at start of the game. I pinged 2 important points for start and also got lvl 2 at lane, before i go for "5 spider pack" (start task-kills at them). After you collect all 11 spiders at 1 spot don't be afraid to restart if you don't get any drops. 1 weed, 1 ring and 1 salve is average drop from 22 small spiders. With 2 weeds (perhaps with 2 rings at full HP) you can lure even more (5) small spiders from rangers and kill them close to bridge, then bring them to "11-pack" when they respawn for "16-pack" kill.

It was nice start then no luck with drops from range spiders and "Poison" Treant in first kills but anyway i was lvl 10 at 1st boss.
At second boss was almost lvl 15, got lvl 20 after 3rd boss and killed Forrest Troll.
Focus on Clap lvl 6, then force tasks for crab's - used only those 2 skills to lvl 18.
First skill: Tharos Blow, maxed before started 3rd skill: Mutilation
As usual i ruined game by picking Michel's shield but Azazel was down b4 Saphiron and without God skill Book.
Then i go watch France vs Belgium and it was end of guide.
I belive that this hero is capable of kill Michael with 4% HP regen skill from God book, Death is too easy. Also if you focus on graveyard boss you can get Hunt faster.

Its possible to be faster if you are lucky enough to get Helm of Battlethirst (or whatever is name) from "Poison" Treant that i killed after 1st run on range spiders. Im sure you can go for Treant after 1st task is done, with 2-3 weeds/rings you should have enough HP/armor/ASP and it can be slowed with Clap. Turtles (not so rare) also drop this helm. Scroll of Agility from Plague Treant is also nice early drop (you have big dmg and only looking for ASP bonus). Staff of Crushing Wave from Giant Spider or Greater Water elemental is very rare scenario but incredible powerful item that you can get at time of 2nd Boss. Fire staff is must have for mana regen, you can see that i was all-time low on mana in midgame, perhaps if i used Arcane Scepter in place of Michel's Shield i could kill Murloc Overlord fast (it is lowest lvl boss that i know to drop Gem of the End). I played this hero 4 times now and it seems that there is much for testing (its possible to calculate number of tasks because you get dmg numbers from 1st and 3rd skill). I did not used Dragkur because it needs 400 tasks for last transformation and even then Soul Edge gives better damage output.
JGWentworthFecha: Thursday, 2018-07-12, 3:00 AM | Mensaje # 9
Private
Thanks for the replay. I'm going to have some fun trying to replicate your amazingness smile

(877)CASH-NOW
brian_nasruddinFecha: Sunday, 2018-07-15, 3:21 AM | Mensaje # 10
Private
Ive been playing this hero many times to test him out and so far in solo ive gotten till Keluzad nc boss. and killed apo aswell. All before final disease. And i kept failing final disease because i didnt even try more than that. if i had changed my items up i would have probably gotten further and this was all solo.
i keep seeing many people try to play him as a hitter and dmg dealer with crits and such but hes has much better use than that.
You can play this hero like how you play defender with almost the same item build.

For the first skill i pick Tharos Blow
It does insane amounts of damage when you complete many tasks and it scales more and more into the game and it deals insane amounts of damage and it also stuns for a decent amount. You want to max this skill 3rd or fourth depending on what you prefer the stun or the slow from the third skill.

Second skill i chose is Tharos Clap
This skill is a no brainer and when maxed first lets you clear spiders and crabs with no issues and the aoe is insane. You use this one skill and clear the whole stacked forest and just need to hit a few creeps which are the trees and big spiders. And for the crabs you would instakill the first two tiers of crabs and needing only one hit on the lvl 10 crabs each to fully clear. You use this skill then clear spiders then walk to the crabs and by the time you reach the crabs the cooldown is already up and rinse and repeat. Also remember this skill reduces movement speed and atkspeed of affected units. This is the skill i max first

Third skill choice is Mutilation
This skill is almost the same as the first one but it reduces the attackspeed of the unit you hit. It deals insane amounts of damage aswell and is the skill i max third or fourth.

Dragon Clan Task
gives you tasks that when completed gives you stats or bonuses depending on the quest. This skill is to be maxed second
You can repeat 3 quests here which are the
spiders:you have to kill 40 spiders to get 50 dmg
crabs : you have to kill 14 crabs to get 24 str
Bossess above lvl 65 *if im not mistaken: which gives you dmg and str

And for the ult the best choice by far is Tharos fury
This ult is the bread and butter for your hero. It deals insane amounts of damage and when maxed out at rank 3 it has an 80 second cooldown which is insane for an ult this strong. this ult scales with the number of tasks you complete. This skill in the mid game can one shot revenant with arcane scepter and the cooldown is 10 seconds more than the arcane scepter itself. It can also one shot the void boss near the golems. With arcane scepter and chronos you can deal with almost any boss till kelthuzad. Either with double ult or single ult with arcane scepter. I also killed apo with this ult and chrono and waited for the 3rd time to ult while spamming third and first skill to kill him.

This hero when you accumulate more tasks completed becomes a monster at one point i didnt even need to ult to kill revenant. Just used arcane and first skilled and third skilled him 2 times and he died which makes you a super farmer.

The main essential items i get for this hero is perseus which i try to farm first because the movement speed i crucial so that you can run around the map and clear the two main tasks constantly
If you run into mana issues you could get khadgar gem( for god book or supreme later on) or straight up save for arcane scepter and get it right after perseus.
Next item i go for is gods atom. this item is one of the best tank items you can get and the regen you get is percentage of your max health which you would be stacking up because of all the str you are getting from the crab and bossess task.
Arcane scepter and chronos is a must for this hero but you dont need chronos till probably the dragon lane bossess or till you need to kill typhos. Supreme is also needed in the later part of the game. Paired up supreme and gods atom and you can hardly die. So far the god book the last skill gives the most dmg output by far which deals about 24-30k average on a 10 second cd but it could get higher if you get more str from your task but i still need to experiment.

Went quite far in a solo game and with help i bet you this hero can go further.
martin96Fecha: Monday, 2018-07-16, 4:59 PM | Mensaje # 11
Private
I have just interest. It is possible to do that 400 task for last evolution ? I was able reach 300 in total. Its prety confusing. Just interested how it look on max evolve
predragovictomislavFecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-17, 7:12 PM | Mensaje # 12
Lieutenant colonel
Not possible in regular game, i think its 22% for 5 (or 5.5x) crit, not so amazing stats (blue weapon is much better).
Forum » Forum » Guides » Dragon Clan Guide (New Hero) (Request)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: