Thursday, 2020-10-01, 11:14 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Auto spells and sorcerer's amulet
Auto spells and sorcerer's amulet
KrichevskoyFecha: Monday, 2016-11-14, 1:43 AM | Mensaje # 1
Sergeant
Group: User
I'm new to this game (got as far as freaking fire dragon), and I've been testing some heroes. My main issue currently is the dark ranger: she has way too little mana. She could have the best drain ever with her special arrow, but she can't sustain at the beginning. So I've been thinking of buffing her mana/intelligence.
And I've come across this (strange) question: does the sorcerer's amulet make damage on auto cast spells ? Since it makes 3x your intelligence damage on targeted spells, and those arrows are a targeted spell, just automatic. This could allow me to sustain way more (seriously +130 int, +1300 mana...) and make some bonus damage on the way (approximately +600 dmg at start).
I've been testing with archer since I can easily build an item once I've passed Ancient Hydra, and because she has the same kind of spell. And the conclusion is: It makes damage if I target the spell myself, but not if I put it on automatic.

So the question is: shouldn't it either do damage everytime or never do it ?

Completely unrelated: is it normal that I can't load a game I saved?
And also, if anyone has a good build for solo Dark Ranger, I'm interested.

Message edited by Krichevskoy - Monday, 2016-11-14, 1:44 AM
KarifeanFecha: Monday, 2016-11-14, 4:31 AM | Mensaje # 2
Colonel
Group: Partner
Warcraft III handles special projectiles differently depending on if you have them on auto or use them manually. One is handled as a spellcast the other as an attack. There are more side-effects to using one or the other besides just Sorcerer's Amulet activating, but for now I'll just say that if you want to continuously attack an enemy with manual Black Arrow casts, click the ability so that you're choosing a target, hold down shift, then click on the enemy over and over again, continuously queueing ability usages. Make sure you're not already attacking the enemy when you do this or else the hero will first try to kill the enemy and then execute the queued actions, which obviously doesn't work.

As Dark Ranger, you generally want your first item to either be the Sacred Mana Sphere or Arcane Scepter. The Sacred Mana Sphere is wonderful as it allows you to have your Black Arrow on permanent auto for the rest of the game. The Arcane Scepter doesn't give you *that* much freedom it does give you more than enough mana and regeneration to last you a boss fight and the Amplify Magic active ability makes you deal a LOT more damage to single targets. Which of the two you go with is your choice, just try and see what works better for you. Ideally you'll have the gold to get the item of your choice before Brood Mother. Before that, Zeal should get you through Dark Forces bosses without too much trouble.
KrichevskoyFecha: Tuesday, 2016-11-15, 8:41 PM | Mensaje # 3
Sergeant
Thanks a lot for your fast answer. That explains things, too bad about the amulet. I really should have searched a little more in the int shop, the sacred mana sphere is so much more efficient. Well, I still have a lot to learn.
LunarFecha: Wednesday, 2016-11-16, 10:34 AM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant
Kael's Orb of Annihilation does not trigger sorcerer's amulet after having Excalibur, I click on skill and then target unit (not set auto)
I don't know which cause this, this skill or something else, I have Excalibur and realize amulet does not work anymore on this skill.
DrekTharFecha: Wednesday, 2016-11-16, 4:22 PM | Mensaje # 5
Colonel
Did you try dropping and picking amulet back up? If this does not solve it then I don't know
KarifeanFecha: Wednesday, 2016-11-16, 4:46 PM | Mensaje # 6
Colonel
Pretty sure Kael's Orb of Annihilation is one of the very few abilities that are actually filtered from being boosted by Sorcerer's Amulet. Kind of a bummer, but Forked Lightning has such a hilariously low cost and cooldown at a high level that it's not that bad.
KrichevskoyFecha: Wednesday, 2016-11-16, 11:43 PM | Mensaje # 7
Sergeant
I've got another question about DR:
Her second ability "shadow bow" says:
"Gives the dark ranger X% bonus to damage of base attack damage and agility bonus, last 8 seconds"
While the bonus damage is obvious and can be seen on the stats, the agility bonus doesn't show, and it seems it doesn't actually give any agility bonus. Is that a bug ? Or is it just unfinished ? Or even, is it supposed to be removed but they forgot to remove it from the description ?
Anyway, if it's supposed to give an agility bonus, how much would it be ?
KarifeanFecha: Thursday, 2016-11-17, 0:44 AM | Mensaje # 8
Colonel
No it doesn't give an ability bonus. You're supposed to read it like "Gives the dark ranger x% bonus to damage of (base attack damage and agility bonus)", that is, the sum of your base attack and bonus (green + value) on your agility.
KrichevskoyFecha: Thursday, 2016-11-17, 2:03 AM | Mensaje # 9
Sergeant
Oh. Too bad. That makes me feel like it's seriously underpowered, I was expecting something like the archer's "true shot" in an activable way, but adding only damage, while useful, isn't as good as I hoped. Rewriting that description with the parenthesis might be useful. Thanks again for the fast answer.
KarifeanFecha: Thursday, 2016-11-17, 2:10 AM | Mensaje # 10
Colonel
The best part about it is that you can use it when Zeal is just about to run out and you'll not only (more than) double your physical damage at the height of your Zeal, you'll also have a massive damage boost for a few seconds even after Zeal ends. But even so it's arguably not as good as Venom Curse so *shrug*.

Message edited by Karifean - Thursday, 2016-11-17, 2:11 AM
LunarFecha: Thursday, 2016-11-17, 8:41 AM | Mensaje # 11
Lieutenant
Quote Karifean ()
Pretty sure Kael's Orb of Annihilation is one of the very few abilities that are actually filtered from being boosted by Sorcerer's Amulet. Kind of a bummer, but Forked Lightning has such a hilariously low cost and cooldown at a high level that it's not that bad.

Oops!
I think must suggest Immortal to give notes on items that have filtered heroes or abilities.
Forum » Forum » Questions » Auto spells and sorcerer's amulet
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: