Thursday, 2020-10-01, 9:44 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Hero Ranking
Hero Ranking
JGWentworth2838Fecha: Sunday, 2017-02-26, 3:22 AM | Mensaje # 1
Sergeant
Group: User
In your opinion what are the currently the top 10 heroes in terms of killing late game bosses (support included)?

DrekTharFecha: Sunday, 2017-02-26, 1:34 PM | Mensaje # 2
Colonel
Group: Partner
It's sort of an impossible question you're asking. Say, if you play %hp team, is thrall the "best hero"? Or is jaina? Or wendigo? Most heroes require a team and it's hard to define which is the "best" hero. Are you talking dps only?
hisgenliFecha: Sunday, 2017-02-26, 1:46 PM | Mensaje # 3
Lieutenant colonel
1. Abomination
2. Assassin
3. Far Seer
4. Worker
5. Party Team
KarifeanFecha: Sunday, 2017-02-26, 4:30 PM | Mensaje # 4
Colonel
1. Far Seer
2. Blacksmith
3. Little Child
4. Assassin
5. Keeper of the Sky
6. Party Team
7. Mur'gul Shadowcaster
8. Jaina
9. Berserker
10. Worker

Far Seer can easily do 40% of the enemy's max HP in damage semi-instantly (it's more likely to get a crit than it is to get no crit on two ultis), and it works on literally everything, which is just insane. You know how many bosses get stronger during the later parts of the fight? Yeah Far Seer don't care. He don't care about most things in boss fights, they're pretty much just all the same to him.

Blacksmith opens the avenue for entirely new strategies and enhances others greatly. Between massive defense, damage return, armor reduction, percentage damage increase and a number of other things, there's rarely any times where you wouldn't want him around. Hilariously enough, the one time he's not really useful is if you're just going for max HP % damage.

Little Child can be many things, including but not limited to Ancient Vampire for armor reduction support, Abomination for still potentially the strongest physical attacker and damage sponge in the game and original Little Child for max HP % damage.

Assassin may seem to be getting a little overshadowed by other heroes at this point, but he's still just as strong as he's always been. His overall reliability makes games so much simpler, and his Execute is still potentially the most powerful nuke in the game.

Keeper of the Sky has the most powerful debuff in the game, and it can be used on all but one boss in the game. Enough said.

Party Team is just Party Team. Can do just about every strategy in the book if set up for it, the major downside is that it's relentlessly difficult to play well, and it's only gotten harder and harder.

Mur'gul Shadowcaster is still just hilarious. If any other support hero (like poor little Priest) had literally *any* of his abilities, they'd suddenly be a lot better. But this guy has no less than FOUR incredibly good support skills, ALL OF WHICH he can also use on himself (for a massive early game power spike because why wouldn't your dedicated supporter be the strongest hero in your game during the first hour?), and his last skill is a rope that a lot of lategame bosses are powerless against. Do I really need to say anything else?

Jaina has the second most powerful debuff in the game and a decent skillset to work with (Divine Shield is such a godsend). Compared to Keeper though, her debuff is more specific and also easier to do without thanks to Arcane Scepter.

Berserker I haven't really played much myself, but I've seen him played more than a few times and he's pretty damn strong. He has a more versatile set of skills than most heroes, making him, again, just about useful against everything.

Worker lags the game so much a lot of bosses don't even feel like fighting you anymore and will just stand there not attacking as riflemen shoot them to pieces. ...okay that's not quite how it works, but it's close enough. The ministun spam strat made short work of almost every boss in the game last version, and while it's been made impossible to use against some of them it still stands strong against others. Plus he still has fountains and can still spam Crush like crazy.
blinerqFecha: Saturday, 2017-03-04, 0:19 AM | Mensaje # 5
Private
How does Worker spam Crush?
KarifeanFecha: Saturday, 2017-03-04, 0:24 AM | Mensaje # 6
Colonel
Build Shandris or Riflemen, use Kan Staff on them, equip them with Sacred Battle Axes (+ Ferocity if you have the time to get them). You can farm axes from Unbroken Darkweaver reasonably quickly.
blinerqFecha: Saturday, 2017-03-04, 3:50 AM | Mensaje # 7
Private
Which only leaves the question when one is powerful enough for Unbroken, evaded him due to bad experiences most of the time. We did the Neutral Bosses till Nightmare today with Keeper+Murloc+Wendigo, failed at Final Disease because we couldn´t kill it fast enough and Death happened.
KawsFecha: Monday, 2017-03-06, 0:49 AM | Mensaje # 8
Sergeant
Quote blinerq ()
Which only leaves the question when one is powerful enough for Unbroken, evaded him due to bad experiences most of the time. We did the Neutral Bosses till Nightmare today with Keeper+Murloc+Wendigo, failed at Final Disease because we couldn´t kill it fast enough and Death happened.

-Worker with Legion Doom-Horn+True Commander Wish+Centaur Warlord can just walk in without knocking. He can do it without Legion, but he'll need someone to tank the first mirror images, and then surround him with the riflemen army.

-Defender can do it with any of the evolved forms of Spiked Armor and a Chronos for more tanking time.

-Agility Vampire Lord and Dark Ranger can also do it relatively early as soon as you get some damage(or agility for DR). You just need to sit at that little opening between the rocks at the right side of his arena, so that only one image can actually attack you at once.

-If I recall correctly, Dante can also do him with some defense items and cleave+damage.
Deathly_GodFecha: Friday, 2017-03-10, 11:59 AM | Mensaje # 9
Private
Quote Karifean ()
Far Seer can easily do 40% of the enemy's max HP in damage semi-instantly (it's more likely to get a crit than it is to get no crit on two ultis), and it works on literally everything, which is just insane. You know how many bosses get stronger during the later parts of the fight? Yeah Far Seer don't care. He don't care about most things in boss fights, they're pretty much just all the same to him.

This seems a little odd to me though. It seems like, at least with 1.21d, Death and several other end-game bosses have become ridiculously magic resistant. To the point where most spells last at best 1/5th of the duration, and do maybe 1/8th the damage (without reduction stacking.) Does Far Seer ult need Arcane Scepter to do the damage? (I have only seen some people in my games play it, and unfortunately they didn't do it very well.) 

Also, it seems to me like Unholy Knight could be up there if he ever gets a buff to make him competitve with other end-game carries. For the amount of risk he runs (1 death end-game and you're dead weight again), he should really have a lot more payoff.
DrekTharFecha: Friday, 2017-03-10, 2:58 PM | Mensaje # 10
Colonel
Far seer does pure damage. His damage completely ignores magic resistance. Arcane scepter will not amplify his damage as it is not spell based. Arcane scepter helps immensely for anyone casting spells.

As for unholy knight, he is insanely strong. I dont see a reason why he should be buffed further. Getting 2000 souls is absolutely possible with him, which would make his ult ridiculously strong, even versus end-game bosses. It has crazy range too.
Deathly_GodFecha: Monday, 2017-03-13, 7:44 AM | Mensaje # 11
Private
Quote DrekThar ()
Getting 2000 souls is absolutely possible with him, which would make his ult ridiculously strong, even versus end-game bosses. It has crazy range too.
How do you get 2000 souls? I'm legitimately confused with the nerfs to EXP delaying your %'s, as well as slowing down the early game. I farmed an entire game with an early On The Hunt, and was gifted two lanes as well as prep'd Forest and Crabs, and I still only hit about 900 despite killing them (with Ikki) almost on respawn most of the game. Do you happen to have a replay of this?
DrekTharFecha: Monday, 2017-03-13, 9:24 AM | Mensaje # 12
Colonel
Well killing the lowest level ones would result in that. You would want the highest lvl kills. If I share with you how to get the 2000 souls, it will just get fixed. I'm confident that it's possible, however. Try figuring it out smile
Forum » Forum » Questions » Hero Ranking
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: