Tuesday, 2020-10-20, 6:07 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Save game? (is it possible...)
Save game?
Subscrib3rFecha: Monday, 2017-07-31, 4:11 PM | Mensaje # 1
Sergeant
Group: User
I was wondering if it is possible to load saved game on this map, or any other large map in wc3. I tried a few tricks, nothing seems to work...
KranklafanFecha: Monday, 2017-07-31, 7:48 PM | Mensaje # 2
Colonel
Group: Partner
it's not possible to save or load this map as far as i know
Guisep69Fecha: Wednesday, 2017-09-20, 1:37 AM | Mensaje # 3
Private
Quote Kranklafan ()
it's not possible to save or load this map as far as i know

As a partner could you introduce this to Inmortal Siegfried? I have had problems some times because i play with a friend and sometimes we lose a lot of progress because some of us has problems or has to go out and cannot continue playing at that moment. It could be useful to many people, depending of the cons of this.
KrichevskoyFecha: Wednesday, 2017-09-20, 8:51 PM | Mensaje # 4
Sergeant
That's not something Inmortal can solve himself. It's an issue with Warcraft 3. When a map takes too much space, saves are always corrupted. If we want that to be solved, maybe we should ask Blizzard themselves.
sivakdvFecha: Tuesday, 2017-09-26, 5:44 PM | Mensaje # 5
Private
you may want to add certain functions -save
and the game will create .txt file which is a text string, copying, and typing in the beginning of the game, before character selection, the game will automatically restore your data, and launch the required wave, respectively, checking the names of players, their sequence and so on?
Sorry for the Yandex translation
killmanpitFecha: Wednesday, 2017-09-27, 7:06 PM | Mensaje # 6
Lieutenant
It's bad idea. Because the way you describe it, it would transfer you to the spawn zone. And thats like free teleport. No need to worry about keeping item slot for tp. No need to spend 5k on wind boots. Too abusive as for my liking. Also. It's part of a charm that you need to work from the bottom each and every time. Also also, that would need TONS and TONS of work, and even if immortal took the time and implemented it, the save codes would be super duper long. Lets say each item is a 4 letter ASCII code (i think thats enough. But there are tons of items. So not really sure if its enough). Imagine having 8 players each with 6 item slots. That would be 48 items. so that would be 192 letters of save code. And that's just the items. Now take a look at heroes with stacking abilities. Like assasin or wendigo. Look at buildings. This would be hundreds if not thousands of letters of save code. And still that would leave all the almost impossible to save stuff. Like stacking items. Like creep respawn patterns. Overall. Bad idea.
Forum » Forum » Questions » Save game? (is it possible...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: