Sunday, 2020-09-20, 8:16 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Looking for Warcraft 3 Replay viewer that actually works (cant really find any)
Looking for Warcraft 3 Replay viewer that actually works
erikkustrifeFecha: Saturday, 2017-08-26, 3:56 PM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
Pretty much the title im looking for wc3 replay viewer. I have downloaded a few by googleing but none of them have worked and most are 5+ years old.
Subscrib3rFecha: Saturday, 2017-08-26, 4:10 PM | Mensaje # 2
Sergeant
I do not understand why you need a replay viewer? You can just copy the replay file into warcraft replay folder, and start it from within the game...
KrichevskoyFecha: Saturday, 2017-08-26, 4:18 PM | Mensaje # 3
Sergeant
There isn't any warcraft 3 replay viewer, you just need warcraft.
You need to make sure that you have the version of warcraft (1.26, 1.27...) that was used to make the replay. Use replaykit to change your warcraft 3 version.
(https://www.wcreplays.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145532&p=3135216&viewfull=1#post3135216).
I'm not sure wether it works with 1.28 or not. But if it doesn't, you can probably find an old cracked version easily.

Then make sure the map that was used to make the replay is in the good folder (usually in Maps/Downloads).

That's all you need to watch replays.

Message edited by Krichevskoy - Saturday, 2017-08-26, 4:19 PM
erikkustrifeFecha: Saturday, 2017-08-26, 4:53 PM | Mensaje # 4
Private
I know i can use the default wc3 replay function that the game provides but its terrible. I was hoping for a program that would essentially function like any real media player.
Subscrib3rFecha: Saturday, 2017-08-26, 5:33 PM | Mensaje # 5
Sergeant
You expect to much from a game that's 14 years old.  biggrin
KrichevskoyFecha: Saturday, 2017-08-26, 8:02 PM | Mensaje # 6
Sergeant
This issue comes from the way a replay is generated... It isn't a video, or a save of everything that happened during the game. It's just a list of user commands and the RNG seed (basically, all the random numbers used during the game).

Using this, Warcraft 3 replays the game saved in the replay. It's closer to an AI vs AI game than to a video. So you can't rewind, and you don't have all informations either. If you actually saved it so it can be rewinded, you would end up with a file of hundreds of megabytes...
erikkustrifeFecha: Sunday, 2017-08-27, 4:28 AM | Mensaje # 7
Private
Yea you have a point i was just being hopefull since iv seen previous replay programs work for wc3 :/ none of just been updated in so long. It really sucks watching wc3 replays when it would be so much easier to just upload to youtube.

Edit: its also really aggravating to not being to watch a replay less then a month old becuase of the updates preventing us from watching them. sad

I just wana GET GUD T_T

Message edited by erikkustrife - Sunday, 2017-08-27, 4:33 AM
nicobresestiFecha: Tuesday, 2017-10-03, 1:25 AM | Mensaje # 8
Private
Hello you could try this program. It serves to move backwards or forward repetitions with vending from Warcraft. That if it only works for 1.26a, I have no idea if there is something similar for 1.27a

https://dotasecrets.wordpress.com/latest-downloads/softwares/replay-parsers/replay-seeker/
Forum » Forum » Questions » Looking for Warcraft 3 Replay viewer that actually works (cant really find any)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: