Tuesday, 2020-09-29, 6:55 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Azazel and Abo
Azazel and Abo
ItsmeFecha: Tuesday, 2017-10-10, 12:26 PM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
Hey Guys, i was recently playing a str based abomination game with a friend. At some point we had abo up to about 15k str and decided to attack azazel. Abo was equipped with supreme, gods atom, sacred gem, red mugen and ares sword. Yet azazel managed to get his hp more than half way down even before the first hex (not to mention that hex and fire completly wrecked him). So by the time abo died azazel was only have way down. So the question, with about 350k health, ca 500 armor, 75% spell damage reduced and gods atom, how could he not tank azazel for long? biggrin
Also in general, when you guys play abo, what items do you equipe him with?
Any answers are greatly appreciated!
KarifeanFecha: Tuesday, 2017-10-10, 1:35 PM | Mensaje # 2
Colonel
Group: Partner
Using Abo makes it clear that Azazel passively does damage based on your max health with his attacks, which is why life leech tends to work better than straight tanking. I think you can still straight up beat him in a damage race with the Unholy Crystal and/or Savior.
ItsmeFecha: Tuesday, 2017-10-10, 1:44 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
thats what i was wondering (and assuming) if azazel damage is partially based on the max HP. good to know! Well crystal would obviously requier a blacksmith. Also if i remember correctly i once saw a dicussion on here (cant seem to find it) about abo as the main source of damage. Any tips on items if you wanna build a damage focused abo?
LannarraFecha: Wednesday, 2017-10-11, 1:47 AM | Mensaje # 4
Sergeant
I haven't tried to kill azazel with abom myself, but there a couple general ideas I use when soloing azazel on characters that might help you out.

Firstly, azazel does not have a dodge ability, so ares sword really doesn't do much to help you out. That plus the 400 damage it gives you is pretty negligible when your base damage is so high. Another crit item like slicer would be a lot better for you, or something that gives more than only 100% attack speed for an otherwise dead slot.

Other options include survivability or support type items. I am personally a fan of using carapace armor and casting the avatar active just before azazel hits 50% HP. Makes you immune to his hex and any magic damage for the duration. Spell shield might be another viable anti-hex option.

If we are thinking about azazel doing %max HP damage, then something to slow attack speed (Such as the 40% attack speed slow from the [frozen helm? - don't remember the name currently] drop could help you out.

And if you need damage, then bloody edge is definitely a potential option (20% max HP = 70,000 damage on cast if you have 350,000 HP). Just make sure to arcane scepter the enemy before you cast it.... which is easy enough to do especially when playing with 2 players as you can have the other player hold the scepter.

Best of luck on the hunt, and let us know what ends up working for you!
predragovictomislavFecha: Wednesday, 2017-10-11, 9:20 AM | Mensaje # 5
Colonel
Azazel is stronger from 1.21
About 100k HP + 600-700 armor with Gods Atom and Absolute (tested with lvl 40 Golem) is enough to easy tank Azazel. With fangs or some other life steal item you just go on "hold position" when hexed and continue fighting after, not even need to care about "rain of fire".
Frozen helm and 26% evasion item from shop in town could get you much more time with Abo.

Edit: perhaps you can use disabling Abo ability on Aza to get your HP up, just be sure your friend will not attack because Aza cancel bad effects when attacked, also your friend perhaps can use rope in same way to buy you some time for HP regen.

Message edited by predragovictomislav - Wednesday, 2017-10-11, 9:32 AM
Forum » Forum » Questions » Azazel and Abo
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: