Tuesday, 2018-11-20, 3:05 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Hotkeys
Hotkeys
Glass_HouseFecha: Thursday, 2018-02-22, 9:14 PM | Mensaje # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
This is not a question regarding any in-game info, and is directed at Inmortal himself.
Is there any particular reason for not using the popular QWER layout as the hotkeys of all heroes' spells (and since HotE heroes have usually 5 spells, maybe use F or T as well)? Not that it is a big deal, even on heroes that have their hotkeys spread across the keyboard you can find a hand/finger placement that accomodates it, but IMO it wouldn't hurt if HotE started using the simple and efficient QWER setup.
I'd like to hear what other players think about this aswell.
cranicFecha: Friday, 2018-02-23, 3:41 AM | Mensaje # 2
Private
Group: User
That would be really awesome
KranklafanFecha: Friday, 2018-02-23, 2:32 PM | Mensaje # 3
Colonel
Group: Partner
That would be awesome, i made the suggestion one or 2 years back on the partner forum, but immortal is opposed to it :/
Glass_HouseFecha: Friday, 2018-02-23, 8:42 PM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant
Just checked the thread in the Partners forum where this was discussed. Frankly, the reasons given by Inmortal and others opposed to idea are very weak. I'll list some of them and comment on them

Because it make the game more generic like the games that have the same Dota items
This makes no sense to me. Seems to be hating on it just because it's popular, even though there's no drawbacks to it, only advantages. And how are hotkeys even comparable to items?

it would be super confusing for all of them to change
 It would be super confusing for all heroes to share the same lined up hotkeys instead of having to position your hand in different and sometimes uncomfortable positions for every different hero? Again, makes no sense.
I think it would be a waste of Inmortal's time. It would take forever
Changing all hotkeys to be same involves just a few minimal changes to every hero in the editor. It would take 30 minutes at most.

As offensive as this sounds, they come off as elitists afraid of change. Pretty disappointing to see. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of players would welcome this change, but the stubbornness of Inmortal and high-ranking partners blinds them.
jasieknmsFecha: Tuesday, 2018-02-27, 8:05 AM | Mensaje # 5
Colonel
Quote Glass_House ()
As offensive as this sounds, they come off as elitists afraid of change. Pretty disappointing to see. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of players would welcome this change, but the stubbornness of Inmortal and high-ranking partners blinds them.

quite late to the discussion, but actually a lot of partners wanted hotkeys back in the days, it got rejected and no 1 ever tried again because thats how it usually goes, if it gets rejected once you aren't supposed to suggest it again. I personally got used to the hotkeys but wouldn't mind if they went for the usual QWER+ TF hotkeys.
Forum » Forum » Questions » Hotkeys
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: