Tuesday, 2018-12-11, 8:53 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Various questions on Warcraft 3 versions and glitches
Various questions on Warcraft 3 versions and glitches
KrichevskoyFecha: Tuesday, 2018-11-13, 5:49 PM | Mensaje # 1
Sergeant
Group: User
Hi all,

First question is about the version accepted for quests:
I just tried to upgrade my 1.27 install to 1.28.5 (official for quests) and unfortunately, the patch goes all the way to 1.30. Does anyone know a way to stop upgrading at 1.28.5 ? If it can't be done, can a replay for a quest on 1.30 be accepted ? Outside of that, is there a patch switcher that works for the recent versions yet ?
I've kept my 1.27 install on the side, but it's not really useful anymore.

Now on gameplay: if you change the path of Light forces units with towers, is it considered using a glitch ? Same thing for Dark forces ?

I'm being a little unspecific on this one because the strategy is way to easy to implement so my team would like to be the first one to use it:
If  I use 2 well-know mechanics of the game in a way that buys me as much time as I want in late game (some kind of variation on the Michael stall, but a LOT more efficient), is it considered an exploit ? Or does it just become something that will have to be modified afterwards and is accepted for now ? Knowing that I'm not using any trick/glitch that I know of.

Finally, is the furbolg thing still considered a trick ? Is it forbidden in quest games ?
SkinnerGabrielFecha: Tuesday, 2018-11-13, 6:26 PM | Mensaje # 2
Major general
This link u can find the 1.28.5 version.

http//warden.eurobattle.net/downloads/home
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Wednesday, 2018-11-14, 2:42 PM | Mensaje # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Admin
Closing a line is has been always allowed(when it is not longer allowed it will be on Quest rules) however if a boss get stuck, does not fight back or not going after the empire anymore each are bugs and you caused them replay will not be allowed anymore.

If  I use 2 well-know mechanics of the game in a way that buys me as much time as I want in late game (some kind of variation on the Michael stall, but a LOT more efficient), is it considered an exploit ?

Buying infinite time is not a valid game, on the valid version for quest is not so easy to do it as it was on the previous version.

Knowing that I'm not using any trick/glitch that I know of.

If you are not sure you can send me a PM asking for it. Though if you are not sure is because is probably a bug.
predragovictomislavFecha: Wednesday, 2018-11-14, 8:12 PM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Quote InmortalSiegfried ()
does not fight back

So if i don't "one-shot" Dragon Turtle and/or Hidromancer half of my replay's are invalid for quests? 
Both of them sometimes don't fight back ...
KrichevskoyFecha: Wednesday, 2018-11-14, 10:36 PM | Mensaje # 5
Sergeant
Thanks a lot for all your answers (Skinner, you saved us with that link).

I didn't see anything about infinite time in the quest rules. Shouldn't it be added ? Is this post considered a change of Quest rules ?

InmortalSiegfried, I've sent you a PM with other questions.
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Friday, 2018-11-16, 1:36 PM | Mensaje # 6
Generalissimo
Group: Admin

So if i don't "one-shot" Dragon Turtle and/or Hidromancer half of my replay's are invalid for quests? 
Both of them sometimes don't fight back ...

The rule said clearly: if you cause a bug on purpose. On the example of closing lines the units stop fighting/moving because of the lines been closed so the players cause the bug, If you didn't do anything to cause the bug them the replay is valid like most of the cases of Water bosses fall sleep or Black Knight Regeneration.

Is this post considered a change of Quest rules ?

No, Quest rules has been always working as I explained.
Forum » Forum » Questions » Various questions on Warcraft 3 versions and glitches
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: