Friday, 2019-08-23, 10:51 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Kel'thuzad - about the changes
Kel'thuzad - about the changes
SkinnerGabrielFecha: Friday, 2019-04-05, 2:55 PM | Mensaje # 1
Major general
Group: User
The changes in Kel'thuzad are not listed in the changelog and it seems a little too much.
Spell shield now has more CD, armor with less spell dmg reduction and all of Kel'thuzad's minions and illuminos are getting stronger with each version. And now Kel' can kill a hero with few hits when he's hexed. 
It does not seem to be a proportional change. What do you think guys?
nigplsgaFecha: Friday, 2019-04-05, 5:16 PM | Mensaje # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Partner
I was only just discussing kel in a hote discord group. I agree it almost seems as though kel now does %max hp pure damage which is just insane considering it's not even noted as a buff in the change log. It is virtually impossible to survive this playing as solo. I haven't even survived long enough to fight the minions to see their buffs...
cranicFecha: Sunday, 2019-04-07, 9:06 AM | Mensaje # 3
Private
The changes seems really harsh indeed and it's seems basically impossible to kill him without a spell shield.

We played a game with some of my friends and I was able to kill him as ancient vampire with a Priest buffing me during the game, but if I got polymorphed I just died in seconds. I was only able to kill it solo, because if we were more than 1, he'd kill in a few hits any person that got polymorphed. So it was safer to do it alone, but I was heavily buffed and farmed, so I can't imagine trying it as solo.
GoikolaketicFecha: Thursday, 2019-04-11, 6:47 PM | Mensaje # 4
Major general
played illidan solo and reached a good attack. 48.000 . used both carapace and spell shield .killed 2 minion but died. This is not a kelt improved. this is a new kelt , too much stronger.Dont get the Immortal purpose

Added (2019-04-12, 11:33 AM)
---------------------------------------------
someone tried with savior? i not cuz no lucky with drop

nigplsgaFecha: Friday, 2019-04-12, 7:13 PM | Mensaje # 5
Lieutenant
I managed to kill him solo with maive without spell shield, so it's possible but I just don't see the need for the change, kel was already a pain in the ass if you get bad minion combos, now it's just not a enjoyable boss.

Added (2019-07-30, 0:07 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I just want to bump this topic in the hope for a response from Inmortal. Wondering why you decided on these changes as they just seem unfair and very luck based whether you are able to kill kel thuzad.

akatsukifans10Fecha: Tuesday, 2019-07-30, 10:27 PM | Mensaje # 6
Private
I have error with warcraft and i cant play hote for now... but sometimes I play with 1.30 update.. Usually is going fatal error in game and a cant finish the game... In this replay is the exception and I kill Kelthu  smile 
http://www.mediafire.com/file....ile
nigplsgaFecha: Wednesday, 2019-07-31, 11:15 PM | Mensaje # 7
Lieutenant
The most stable version seems to be 1.28.5 and playing on eurobattle.net. I haven't had a issues for a few weeks now with crashes.

With that said, did you kill kelthuzad in the latest version of the map? Were you solo or in a team? I'm curious on your opinion of the changes to the boss.
Personally for a mid tier boss I think the changes to kelthuzad are extremely over the top considering it was already a frustrating boss. I have no interest in pursuing furher bosses within the forest once kelthuzad has spawned now and generally don't continue playing once I have killed all others outside of the forest.
akatsukifans10Fecha: Thursday, 2019-08-01, 10:32 PM | Mensaje # 8
Private
Quote nigplsga ()
With that said, did you kill kelthuzad in the latest version of the map? Were you solo or in a team? I'm curious on your opinion of the changes to the boss.

Yeah is the last version of map 1.24c. I play solo, only for kill gaias.. with gaia 10 y take Heracles... and kill kelthu only con illusion... with another heros i cant play for a long time and i left of the game before fight vs Kelthu  sad
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Monday, 2019-08-05, 1:16 PM | Mensaje # 9
Generalissimo
Group: Admin

I just want to bump this topic in the hope for a response from Inmortal. Wondering why you decided on these changes as they just seem unfair and very luck based whether you are able to kill kel thuzad.

kelthuzad suppose to be a boss very hard to kill when you fight him with one hero, however previous versions has been very simple to kill him with just one hero you only needed to put some hp or if you find Savior you can kill him without  even looking your hero.

-Kelthuzad hex has always have amplify damage the different now is the Kelth has bigger damage than before on it, also hex has more duration than before, note that not all the changes appears in changelog it should but I always forget a few others are very small or confusing or are in but another line is including they.

-So the current difficult is intentional, it is very hard to kill one on one but possible, on a team of at least 3 players it is not so difficult , heroes must not be so afar from each other this way kelth will never attack a hexed unit as long there is an awake unit near, some heroes like summoners, heroes with illusions or team party will made it easier to avoid the hexed hero get damaged even hire units can help, you will have some hard time with strategies than are not very effective against Kelth like % damage heroes Grom, Trall, Wendigo, etc, but still possible to kill.

-There is no plans on reduce his difficult, probably for next version I will increases his level and exp bonus(both are positives changes for players) maybe more gold bounty, if you still are having problems with this boss keep give feedback about this here or in a new topic and I may switch positions of him with another boss like The Salamander for example or create a new boss before him.

-Some of the new items can save you from buffs like hex or sleep, there will be more of this items with lower level, meaning there are bigger chance to get them before Kelth that should make things easier even on a 2 player team or for a single player.
Dean123Fecha: Tuesday, 2019-08-06, 1:24 AM | Mensaje # 10
Sergeant
I believe the changes on Kel are justified.
Look at it this way - Can you kill Black Knight solo? I always believed Kel to be way too underpowered compared to how powerful the boss that spawns after him is. Basically, nearly all powerful champions could kill Kel but absolutely none of them could solo Black Knight, without some sort of underhanded tricks.
I remember somebody making a thread a while back about Sapphiron being way too overpowered when compared to Dark Dragon, and so they should be switched, which I completely agreed with. I also agree that The Forgotten is far too weak when compared to Byatis. But these are examples of bosses being stronger than the next boss in the line of spawning, and has nothing to do with this topic, right? Well wrong, kinda. I'm making this point because there should be some scaling to the progression of bosses, not:
Faceless deathbringer - "Oh hey this is easy"
Kel - "Hmm this ain't so bad"
Black Knight - " OH HOLY FUCK WHAT THE-"

((Speaking of which. Buff Faceless Deathbringer manapool. Switch Dark Dragon with Sapphiron, or buff Dark Dragon by adding some interesting abilities to him (all other lane dragons have them...).))

Also, do note that these changes are aligned with the gradual buffing of heroes and the adding of more powerful items each version. I know most of you have played this map for a long time, so ask yourselves this, could you have killed Kel some 3-4 years ago? Maybe, but it was way more difficult than it was a few months ago. About 2-3 versions back we had the situation where basically most fighter heroes had a replay on the forum titled "- killed kel solo".

I still managed to kill Kel with his hard counter - Maiev, because of her illusions, on the latest version.
Forum » Forum » Questions » Kel'thuzad - about the changes
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: