Wednesday, 2021-09-22, 5:42 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Serious question (Do you test the map before releasing it)
Serious question
EustacheFecha: Sunday, 2020-07-26, 9:50 PM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: Userr
I'm really curious if you test the heroes/items/bosses when you release changes to the map. Not just if they function as intended. I'm asking if you test if they are viable or fun to use.
gabrielmackey7Fecha: Friday, 2020-07-31, 9:34 PM | Mensaje # 2
Private
Group: User
I do honestly dislike that anniversary obviously doesn't take into account progression with how much stronger everything gets, the creeps are easy to deal with upgraded but the bosses become a huge cliff jump, and the creeps cant be maintained, even with the buffed towers unless you spend an absurd amount of money. siege golem and beyond have had their health buffed over 100x... while some abilities only do about double damage at 20 compared to 9 or got many times stronger but was completely useless other than farming originally. so the super buffed abilities arent actually much stronger than the lesser buffed ones. I was really looking forward to anniversary and it got to the point that me and my group just reverted to 1.25d and continued practicing with a more reasonable match up. anniversary is indisputably harder than 1.25d

Message edited by gabrielmackey7 - Friday, 2020-07-31, 9:35 PM
EustacheFecha: Saturday, 2020-08-01, 1:45 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
Group: Userr
Honestly I like the concept of the map and respect the work put in by Immortal, but to be fair 80% of the heroes are quite useless or have only one good ability, the fact that close to no abilities scale with the damage and most items from the shop serve no purpose is disappointing. The anniversary map feels like theres just some spells with a bit of extra damage (which still serves no purpose, most of them are useless) and since the bosses are also buffed the buffed spells serve absolutely 0 purpose. Playing solo is nigh impossible, the only good strategy i've found so far is playing infernal with maxed Ultima as it deals the most dmg from what I've seen and cheesing bosses, but then the 2nd dragon from the lane has so much regen that you can't kill it. The map is decent, I apreciate Immortal as I've had fun with it, but it is quite flawed.
wosfreakFecha: Thursday, 2020-10-01, 4:51 PM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant
Group: Partner
Anniversary has some interesting changes, actually.
Goliath's destructive strike has a tiny, tiny cooldown
Infernal's ground smash is something like a 1 sec cooldown (which means more gold, xp, hp, str, infernal flame, etc)
Admiral's infinite growth is downright spammable as well

What I gleaned from the changelog is, that you are supposed to try to go for neutral bosses ASAP with your stronger abilities to gain strong items early.
If you don't take advantage of every little thing, then yes, this version is impossible past siege golem. but lots of strategies actually have more potential here
gabrielmackey7Fecha: Monday, 2020-10-05, 11:26 PM | Mensaje # 5
Private
Quote wosfreak ()
Anniversary has some interesting changes, actually.Goliath's destructive strike has a tiny, tiny cooldown
Infernal's ground smash is something like a 1 sec cooldown (which means more gold, xp, hp, str, infernal flame, etc)
Admiral's infinite growth is downright spammable as well

What I gleaned from the changelog is, that you are supposed to try to go for neutral bosses ASAP with your stronger abilities to gain strong items early.
If you don't take advantage of every little thing, then yes, this version is impossible past siege golem. but lots of strategies actually have more potential here
I have farmed neutral creep bosses and the drops dont help much, plus a lot of these neutral bosses are buffed as well, the increase in hero power is far lower than the increase in boss beefiness, percentage abilities are all that matter end game but your raw damage is just less relevant in anniversary, The bosses should not recieve such an extreme buff and enemy units should give more xp after they are buffed, not just bosses.

Message edited by gabrielmackey7 - Monday, 2020-10-05, 11:46 PM
RocketFecha: Monday, 2020-10-12, 6:24 PM | Mensaje # 6
Sergeant
Group: Contributor
That is the problem when you make a review after playing 2 or 3 times,looks like you get all wrong, this is not the new version that remplace the previous one, this is just an special mode, most play more classic mode over special mode, there is no ¨revert¨ everyone keep playing 1.25d either liked or not anniversary version, the abilities are not double at level 20 some are around 100 times stronger dealing 500000, 200000 , 90000 and the weakers ones dealing 20000 with one second cooldown or less, you can one shot the all mighty Siege Golem with one skill is not that hard not sure what you was expecting if you want more than killing a boss with one hero skill. You can see the replays on Quest of how a team of players kill all line bosses up to michael with the normal abilities, there are even replays of single player reaching Michael.
gabrielmackey7Fecha: Friday, 2020-10-23, 3:26 PM | Mensaje # 7
Private
I have played this game many times, and we haven't been able to come even close to maxing any level 20 skill by the time the siege golem comes. if you're experiencing that kind of progression, you're likely cheating. the max level skills rarely go beyond 20-40k damage and the ones that do only hit once for usually 70-190k which btw is nothing compared to the millions of health bosses after the siege golem have. the anniversary abilities quickly become useless and the game ends up being even more annoying than 1.25d
predragovictomislavFecha: Friday, 2020-10-23, 8:05 PM | Mensaje # 8
Colonel
Hi there!

High HP and Armor on bosses leads to 2 scenarios and i test them both:
1. Cleave
2. High spell damage, if possible go for X% of max HP or X% of current HP and finish fight with items

I played all AN heroes and even some "regular" heroes on AN version and i was able to get to lane Dragons with all of them. You simply MUST GO for Ultima lvl 3 with almost all heroes. With Ultima LVL 3 you can one-shot all "hill dragons" before Ancient and many neutral bosses. After that go for Exodus, farm money at skull towers if needed, they are 6000 gold each and high xp and Ultima 3 "almost" kill them (with Arcane scepter you have one-shot). In this version Exodus is "farming item" with 15 seconds CD and bonus 90.000 AOE cold damage (thats like 200.000 or more spell damage on target and 90.000 AOE).

For lvl's you need XP book, get it when you hit lvl 29 if possible and use Chronos with it whenever you can. For bosses after Golem you want to make combo: Arcane scepter + High DMG skill(s) on hero + Ultima + Exodus + God skill (high INT on items  suggest that you must use God Dark Blast but if you get "clap" you can use that one too to disable bosses). Then use Chronos and hit boss with all this skills/items second time.

Last advice: in almost all scenarios you want to get Dominici Shield and make kills needed to get skill. After that you only need Supreme to tank all 4 dragons, FD and Death before enraged.

You can pick hero and ill make nice replay for you to show that you don't need to cheat to hit skill lvl 20 on both of skills, its easy to hit lvl 50+ in this version. Also most AN skill have HIGH dmg jump from lvl 19 to lvl 20, like 3x or even more.
Forum » Forum » Questions » Serious question (Do you test the map before releasing it)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: