Sunday, 2021-04-11, 10:06 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Kel'Thuzad Fight (Couple questions about the Kel'Thuzad fight)
Kel'Thuzad Fight
traditionaltrinityFecha: Tuesday, 2021-01-05, 10:18 AM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: Userr
I have been stuck trying to solo the Kel'Thuzad fight for a while now, had a couple questions I was hoping I could get some input on.

How do you target the Ulimos spawn to kill them? I have seen it done on a few replays, not sure if there is a technique or maybe it can only be done on certain game versions?

Without having the use of the Justice, what piece of equipment do you use in its place?

I have been trying with Illidan using: Locksley, Carapace Armor, Spell Shield, Excalibur, Supreme, (?)

I have tried a handful of different 6th items, none have made much difference.

Last question... promise! At the HP% when he spawns the 3 guys, is there a correct order to kill them?

Gonna watch some more replays.

Thanks!
predragovictomislavFecha: Tuesday, 2021-01-05, 12:07 PM | Mensaje # 2
Colonel
Group: User
Ulimos are killed with using of Hold position command. Its easy with melee heroes just use Hold position after move close to them. With ranged heroes you need to have them in range but Kel must be out of your range, Kel have long range compared to heroes but sometimes you need to make few more steps compared to melee heroes.  Ulimos are summoned on several locations only, not anwhere but i had to die several/many times to learn all postions. Be patient to summon Ulimos and kill just before Kel is going to summon his minions. If summned when you also fighting minions this is going to be hard fight, use Carapace armor to get few seconds.

Its good idea to lure Kel "south-west" from place where he is summoned and attack him from "his" position. This way you are closer to postion where he is gong to summon Ulimos. Also i 1st disable him with Glaive then sometimes i bring few items and place them on ground so i can fast change when needed.

6th item can be something to move faster when Kel is alone just to kill Ulimos faster (Zeral, The Legacy, Perseus) and switch to Ikki for cleaving minions when needed. If you have decent max HP and armor you can Switch Supreme for Slayer armor if available. If your Carapace is on CD don't use any crush items, he is going to summon next minions too fast.

Idk all about minions but trying always kill armor aura 1st, then stuners. Idk if its always but sometimes Kel can be atacked with one minion left, make sure you do that if you have only fire skeleton alive and low hp left.

I hope some of this helps.
traditionaltrinityFecha: Tuesday, 2021-01-05, 10:59 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
Helps a bunch, thank you.

Gonna try again later.
traditionaltrinityFecha: Wednesday, 2021-01-06, 1:09 PM | Mensaje # 4
Private
That Ulimos technique is a game changer, thanks again.

Cleared all 3 of his waves, had him really low like 5-10%, he spawned a double Ulimos and I couldn't really see what was going on... died! lol

Got him to his 3rd wave, not sure what happened, if I didnt hit the carapace, but the wave had 2x of the same mob and wiped me on explosion.

Might try again tomorrow, really hard to time the fight between the boss waves
needing to hit Carapace 3x takes at least 3 minutes, then all the in between and trying to time the Ulimos. Hard fight, Byatis was much easier.

Appreciate the tips, I was almost over it, but not I can taste his death!
polaniaFecha: Friday, 2021-01-08, 3:55 AM | Mensaje # 5
Colonel
Group: Partner
Whit Illidan should be a easy fitght, but need at las 5 min for kill him easy way. use caparace when the minions appear, use spell shield for the Kel spells, (wait for caparace charge) your illidan over 40K HP, about ulimos, you need perseus or zeral amulet, the order for kill minions ( if get the blue minin whit axe, kill him first, he share +8k armor, allies) then red skeleton, then others, use azaran when the minios appears, till wait cd of caparace hit kel sometimes for he use ulimos skill.

Message edited by polania - Friday, 2021-01-08, 4:07 AM
traditionaltrinityFecha: Thursday, 2021-01-14, 10:35 AM | Mensaje # 6
Private
Ended up killing him with Dark Knight. Then almost did it again with Dante. Dante in 1.25d is fun/strong.

Curious, if there is a faster technique anyone has developed. I feel like its at least possible to burn through 2 waves of his adds during 1 carapace.

Anyone pummel him so badly, it took less than 5 mins?

Those little objects in the area that you have to run around... ffs. Fun fight, such a good map can play it over and over.
RocketFecha: Thursday, 2021-01-14, 4:13 PM | Mensaje # 7
Sergeant
Group: Contributor
[quote=traditionaltrinity;11045]Ended up killing him with Dark Knight. Then almost did it again with Dante. Dante in 1.25d is fun/strong.

Curious, if there is a faster technique anyone has developed. I feel like its at least possible to burn through 2 waves of his adds during 1 carapace.

Anyone pummel him so badly, it took less than 5 mins?

Those little objects in the area that you have to run around... ffs. Fun fight, such a good map can play it over and over.[/quote]

Agree, the new dante is very strong now, boss fights are very fun some on single player some others in teams, Glacial Wolf is very fun but is easier than the current Kelthuzad.
pekopasFecha: Thursday, 2021-01-14, 5:52 PM | Mensaje # 8
Private
You can kill kel thuzad with Maiev without carapace armor so you can kill faster.  But if its first time you playing this hero it may take several attempts to succed and she is quite fun to play.
predragovictomislavFecha: Thursday, 2021-01-14, 11:29 PM | Mensaje # 9
Colonel
Fastest kill for me was with Azura, about 1-2 minute fight. Its easy because you have minons with crush ability and few minions with AOE stun/clap to keep Kelthuzad stunned/disabled between waves. Doom Guards can cast AOE dispel and remove hex or whatever from hero => you don't need spell shield or carapace armor. Casting AOE stun is all you need to do when Kelthuzad summon his minions. Ulimos are super easy, because of many targets noone is under heavy fire. Few my minions are killed from fire skeletons explosion but thats all.

Next easy hero is Fausto, you can use only Golems for safe fight but is longer then.

Other then that Team Party probably can kill fast with 1 or 2 staff's that heal and remove debuff (don't know name).
Forum » Forum » Questions » Kel'Thuzad Fight (Couple questions about the Kel'Thuzad fight)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: