Friday, 2021-12-03, 8:36 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Enemy Targeting
Enemy Targeting
GelonicFecha: Sunday, 2021-01-31, 8:27 PM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
Hi everyone I've recently gotten back into HOTE. Still a noob player, anyway I'm wondering what happened to the targeting code for the AI enemies. Any time I get close to them I get auto targeted by the ranged nurbians. No idea why, I don't aggro them in anyway besides walking around them. I don't hit enemies early on unless I'm going for a last hit. Something happened in the targeting between 1.24D and 1.25D cause I keep dying at level 2-4 when I go for a last hit on a skele and 3 spiders pile on and I die. I really wanted to get decent with unholy Knight so that might be the problem. I'm not sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
vetoxhFecha: Sunday, 2021-01-31, 9:37 PM | Mensaje # 2
Private
Group: Userr
Hi, as i know the creeps focus units with least hp so you should stay out of range of spiders. The Footman from the light forces have 400 hp most heroes have less hp in the first lvls. You could buy low quality armor to gain some hp and maybe overcome the 400 hp.

Hope I could help.
pekopasFecha: Sunday, 2021-01-31, 11:32 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
If there is someone with less than 300 hp around they will just focus on that unit.
If there is no one below 300 hp they will most likely attack nearest unit.
vyanantFecha: Monday, 2021-02-01, 2:41 AM | Mensaje # 4
Private
The archers have 290 hps. That is the lowest unit's hps around.
GelonicFecha: Tuesday, 2021-02-02, 8:52 AM | Mensaje # 5
Private
Ok, I still get targeted above 300+ hp though, I can't normally go in for a last hit even at level 2 or 3. when ive got 400-600+ hp. I'll take a screenshot next game I play.
KrichevskoyFecha: Tuesday, 2021-02-02, 7:52 PM | Mensaje # 6
Lieutenant
There are at least 3 different systems in basic creeps:

- the classic: look at who's in range, and attack the one that has the least current hps (not max, current)
- the poison: attack everyone in range once, then switch to classic.
- the ranged: don't know for sure how it works, but crypt fiends hit the ones who attack them in melee (but only in certain conditions). If no one is hitting them in melee, back to classic.

Message edited by Krichevskoy - Tuesday, 2021-02-02, 7:52 PM
GelonicFecha: Wednesday, 2021-02-03, 0:39 AM | Mensaje # 7
Private
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering what was going on with the crypt's they were different from the other mobs. I think it comes down to range (who ever is in range first). Not based on HP, if a melee creep comes up and hits them the agro changes. After that they revert back to the classic.
Dean123Fecha: Friday, 2021-02-05, 6:28 AM | Mensaje # 8
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Quote Gelonic11070Ok, I still get targeted above 300+ hp though, I can't normally go in for a last hit even at level 2 or 3. when ive got 400-600+ hp. I'll take a screenshot next game I play.

You do that, I'd like to actually see what's up, as unless something is wrong with your game (you're playing on a weird WC3 version or a weird PC OS) I find it hard to believe what you're saying is truth. Not accusing you, just saying you might've seen the numbers wrong. I just tested it and 10/10 times enemies, both melee and ranged will target you if you are within striking range (120 for melee 550-600 for the ranged ones) and are below 300HP. The very moment you go above 300HP (290(targeted)->305HP(not targeted) was one of the lowest variances I remembered) you can run around and hit all you like enemies will not target you save unless you are the nearest unit or per random chance if there are enemies within the same range.

So if you move in to attack the nerubians and they just finished killing an allied mob they will target you if you are the nearest unit to them. Then you get into a very uncomfortable situation where if your base HP is higher than 300 but your current HP is lower than 300 (i.e. you are wounded) you will always become a top priority target.
Forum » Forum » Questions » Enemy Targeting
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: