Thursday, 2021-04-15, 4:20 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Questions » Critical Strike Mechanics (Critical Strike Mechanics)
Critical Strike Mechanics
traditionaltrinityFecha: Friday, 2021-03-05, 1:00 AM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: Userr
Curious if anybody knows how critical strike works, when you have more than 1 source of it?

For instance, if you have passive critical strike, and a weapon with critical strike. Do they both roll separate chances to critical, or does one stop the other from rolling?

Or, 2 weapons both with critical strike. Redundant, or they both work?

Thanks^^
vyanantFecha: Friday, 2021-03-05, 4:32 AM | Mensaje # 2
Private
Group: User
I know that you can have 2 different instances of crit strike and they stack (per se) The example is Illidan with Mugen or Justice you will see 2 different crit strike numbers when he attacks.
Alex0013Fecha: Friday, 2021-03-05, 2:18 PM | Mensaje # 3
Colonel
Group: User
This is a pretty good thread about it.
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads.....182781

Basically, they each have a 'roll' to proc. However, even if it displays both, only the LAST ACQUIRED crit will actually do damage. So vyanant's example is it may show 2 numbers, but only one of them actually did damage.

Note: This is from 2010, maybe they fixed this long-standing issue in Reforged, but I doubt it...

So holding 2 crit items, just means you will proc 'more often', but if they do proc at the same time, it only takes the last acquired's damage, even if it shows both. The chances also obviously don't stack linearly (i.e. 20% + 20% does not equal 20%, it's actually 36%)

Also, according to that thread, WC3 rounds crit chance to the nearest 5%. So anything that gives 7% is actually only 5%, 13% is actually 15%, etc. Not sure if that is actually true or not, but based on the testing people have done in the past, that seems to be the case.
Forum » Forum » Questions » Critical Strike Mechanics (Critical Strike Mechanics)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: