Wednesday, 2019-10-16, 12:56 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Forum » HOTE(PvP) » Balance Suggestions » Balance Suggestions v1.00 (Read carefully the first comment before you post.)
Balance Suggestions v1.00
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Saturday, 2016-01-09, 5:40 PM | Mensaje # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Admin
Before make a balance suggestions make sure you have a lot experience on this game(HOTE(PvP)) not on the normal version, you must be played the PvP version a lot with most of the heroes(better with all) and against most of them(better with all).If you make a bad balance all your future will not be taking serious never again, some examples of bad balance:
-This Hero is too strong because he always kill me. -This hero is too weak because I can not kill others as much as I want(you may use different words but the essence of the bad balance report will be the same)
Make the report with lot of details, you can even bring a replay.

*Some heroes being very strong at the beginning is normal, more if you hero start with low HP and you don't buy items that give hit points.

*Some heroes looks unstoppable after you let them level up a lot, farm a lot and buy expensive items is normal.

*Is normal if you favorite hero on normal version isn't as good on this version.

Wrong posts that are not related to Balance will be deleted.

What do you think about:

Assassin First Skill: Others skills that have very high damage on low level has been rescale to avoid instant kill on level 1-2 but this skill has left as power as on original version so Assassin can actually kill, you can use creeps to protect you from this skill you can react after been hitting by his invisibility skill before you get stunned with an spell avoiding combos, so the question is having this in mind do you think that this skill is too strong an should be weaker? or do you think is OK?

Inactive Lines Towers Invulnerable: This looks like the normal think to do, but players can take advantage of the invulnerable towers, several building will be permanently invulnerable creeps only will have a few stats increases causing 1vs1 fights with towers can be very long an incredible hard to destroy main base even having a big advantage against the other player, in the other hand some heroes could go to destroy Arcane/Skull tower of the inactive line and them start destroying building. So this change is good or not?.

Not gold from Summons/hire units: You dont get gold from them so Summoners do not feed others players with gold(they still do with XP) What do you think?.
cho-choFecha: Sunday, 2016-01-10, 1:35 AM | Mensaje # 2
Lieutenant
Group: User
light force npc are bit stronger then dark force
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Sunday, 2016-01-10, 5:56 PM | Mensaje # 3
Generalissimo
Thanks Cho-cho for the report, more information always is good, like the reason why you think they are stronger, at the star Dark Forces are a bit stronger them when Priest and Apparition arrive Light Forces become the strongest, so yes in resume Light Forces are stronger on 1.00 version, going to fix that.
cho-choFecha: Monday, 2016-01-11, 2:27 AM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant
I beg to differ, my friend, at the very start, light forces are also stronger, and when elven knight arrives with 1100 hp, i think that his counterpart ghoul cant respond in the right manner. i tried playin solo on dark side (!) and i still had to retreat at the begining. also, i destroyed entire forth (right) lane and farms in the enemy region which boosted dark army in lvl 4 upgrade, and still, light forces were not as dominated as i thought they will be, despite the fact that abominations are realy powerfull....strange...
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Tuesday, 2016-01-12, 8:27 PM | Mensaje # 5
Generalissimo
I tested without heroes and at start on 3 lines Dark Forces destroy the first tower before Lights and them Light forces destroy enemy base and win the game but it is relative, if you make several test like this there will be some in that Dark Forces win.
SkinnerGabrielFecha: Thursday, 2016-01-14, 3:24 PM | Mensaje # 6
Major general
Hi Immortal. First, Thank you for map! I tested the version pvp with my friends and  We also noticed that the light force are stronger than the dark forces.

I also think that I should not see which items are my opponent and not he see my items.

Message edited by SkinnerGabriel - Thursday, 2016-01-14, 3:25 PM
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Thursday, 2016-01-14, 6:43 PM | Mensaje # 7
Generalissimo
Hi SkinnerGabriel, yes apparently all Light Forces had spell damage reduction than don't suppose to have this should be fixed on ''B'' version that is ready for downloads.
SkinnerGabrielFecha: Thursday, 2016-01-14, 8:53 PM | Mensaje # 8
Major general
Thx Inmortal, What about not let the opponents to see each other's items? What do you think about?
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Friday, 2016-01-15, 7:07 PM | Mensaje # 9
Generalissimo
I prefer they can see the items so they know what are they fighting and how to countered and defend themselves also if they are able to hunt that hero alone or if they just need to run for him.
I would like to know the reasons why you prefer with hidden items maybe you convince me.
SkinnerGabrielFecha: Tuesday, 2016-01-19, 11:31 PM | Mensaje # 10
Major general
I believe that the fight between two heroes should be a surprise. Each player must create your own style of play not to turn a copy of the other.
I think having the items to disposal the experience of each player on the map make a difference.
The game starts balanced, which will decide the game has to be the experience of each and not a copy of another.
killmanpitFecha: Monday, 2016-02-08, 8:53 PM | Mensaje # 11
Lieutenant
Few Heroes seems VERY unbalanced. Necromancer for instance. He At lvl 2 sceleton mages can frostbolt with death coil combo its insta kill. And at lvl 8, if you play carefully you can single handily keep 2 heroes from lvling at all. The cant move close enough to attack because they get insta-killed. Firelord becomes invincible whe firespawns can firebolt. Its quite easy to have 4 of them. And thats insta kill. 

Personally i think tha HP/DMG ratio is way too low. Any hero with skills attacking single unit can almost one-shot a hero. Also you can buy dark staff for 600 additional dmg. At the begining agi/int heroes ofthen have less than that. You disable them from leveling almost completely. Overall PvP is a great idea here, but it still needs few touches here and there.
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Saturday, 2016-02-13, 10:08 PM | Mensaje # 12
Generalissimo
That is a good report Killmanpit.

You can buy survival items at the start to avoid instant kills.

Some Balance Changes for next version:

-Reduce damage and stun duration of Skeletons Mages Frost Bolt.
-Reduce damage and stun duration of Fire Spawn Fire Bolt.
-Reduce damage of Dark Staff and increases his stats.

Besides several others changes.
dml0211Fecha: Friday, 2016-03-18, 5:12 AM | Mensaje # 13
Private
agility heros have low HP. so we need more start gold as 2620 (runed bracers total cost) to endure mage hero's deal.
or reduce mage hero's deal.
and legendary items cost too high and need too much time, effort to get legendary items
this makes game really boring. also take long time to play.
Need overall decrease legendary item recipe cost. also graveyard item recipes.

Message edited by dml0211 - Friday, 2016-03-18, 3:28 PM
DEADPOOLFecha: Friday, 2016-03-18, 5:57 PM | Mensaje # 14
Private
Some heroes are late game ones and some are early game heroes. It is not unbalanced that early game heroes have an advantage on late gamers (tho insta kill is a bit too much). In the end your skills with that hero will be the factor that determines the end result.
By the way Siegfried, I believe you should check Dota 2 reborn, because many wc3 maps have been put in dota arcade menu. Good chance to get a bigger audience wink
nixon96Fecha: Sunday, 2016-03-20, 8:05 PM | Mensaje # 15
Private
Greetings Immortal,

First of all, thank You for the map, me and my friends have had a lot of fun with it lately.

To the point.

In my opinion, Mountain Kings "Avatar" is way to overpowered due to the 16 sec spell immunity that all round the game completely neglects all spell-casters as a whole making them pretty much useless and has a hard impact on most melee heroes who are dependent on blinking or stunning the oppnent (for example Dante or Ninja).

I believe the duration of the skill should be shorter or the spell immunity changed to a high spell resistance.

Best regards,
Nix

Edit:
Another option to fix it would be an introduction of an item similar to "defusal blade" in Dota2, which has the ability to debuff any active positive or negative effect of the target, with a reasonable cooldown

Message edited by nixon96 - Sunday, 2016-03-20, 8:23 PM
Forum » Forum » HOTE(PvP) » Balance Suggestions » Balance Suggestions v1.00 (Read carefully the first comment before you post.)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: