Wednesday, 2019-10-16, 1:05 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Forum » HOTE(PvP) » Balance Suggestions » Balance Suggestions v1.00 (Read carefully the first comment before you post.)
Balance Suggestions v1.00
wosfreakFecha: Tuesday, 2016-03-22, 1:05 AM | Mensaje # 16
Sergeant
Group: User
Played Wendigo against my friend's Beastmaster.
I felt kinda bad. I blew his HP away so quickly
killmanpitFecha: Sunday, 2016-05-08, 5:31 PM | Mensaje # 17
Lieutenant
Blademaster at high level seems a bit overkill. Windwalk makes you invulnerable. No way even with dust sb can get him before stun wears off. A vision artifact needed. Something like witch doctor watching wards or maybe a unit with true sight in mercenaries shop.
KarifeanFecha: Tuesday, 2017-03-21, 0:54 AM | Mensaje # 18
Colonel
Group: Partner
Ninja's Shadow Needle is too powerful in all levels.

Mur'gul Shadowcaster gets crazy as soon as he gets Anfibius Growth Level 3 or higher. He can quickly get himself more HP and damage than any other hero and the only way to - temporarily - stop him is to kill him. This is problematic for two reasons: 1. because killing him requires a team effort at some point, 2. because if he really does get pressured hard he can just do some neutral creeps to get EXP. Just by using Blade of Tides and Guardian Angel on Cannon/Spirit Towers he can keep the enemies at bay for a very long time without even being there himself.

He can also start killing bigger neutral enemies like Makrura Tidal Lord relatively early, which brings me to my next point.

The drops from Makrura Tidal Lord (and probably other similar enemies) are ridiculously good. Being able to get a Killer Blade, Amulet of Protection or Staff of Discharge just like that is just, what the hell. Good luck enemy team I guess. These items are easily worth multiple thousand gold, and the guy himself also gives around 600 gold with every kill.

My suggestion? Make only neutral bosses like Forest Troll Warlord actually drop items, and either make Murloc's Anfibius Growth give less stats with every cast or only castable on allies, not himself (both probably something to consider for the main game as well).
CrocodileFecha: Tuesday, 2017-03-21, 10:58 AM | Mensaje # 19
Lieutenant general
Group: Useer
Also, bears in ogre lord cave drop shimmer weed and mana pots if that wasn't intentional.
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Wednesday, 2017-03-22, 12:31 PM | Mensaje # 20
Generalissimo
Group: Admin

Ninja's Shadow Needle is too powerful in all levels.

Damage will be reduced for next version, item with Divine Skin are a big counter for abilities like this.

Mur'gul Shadowcaster gets crazy as soon as he gets Anfibius Growth Level 3

This hero should have mana problems at the start of the game are you sure is so strong at this level? should not be so hard to fight it, you can take advantage of the weakness of this ability like the big mana cost the lose of HP that come with the lose of Strength,etc.

Going to increases the normal mana cost of this ability in the first levels and reduce the stat bonus very slightly let me know if this ability is still causing problems after this change.

The drops from Makrura Tidal Lord (and probably other similar enemies) are
ridiculously good. Being able to get a Killer Blade, Amulet of
Protection or Staff of Discharge just like that is just, what the hell.
Good luck enemy team I guess. These items are easily worth multiple
thousand gold, and the guy himself also gives around 600 gold with every
kill.

It is kind of risky going to hunt this bosses at the start of the game a 2 one could appears and ruin your plans, probably I'll reduce the bonus of some of this items.
DrekTharFecha: Wednesday, 2017-03-22, 1:50 PM | Mensaje # 21
Colonel
If murgul is considered too strong, I just want to say that party team is way too powerful. You can win 1v4 easily. You know what I mean.
FurionPhoenixFecha: Thursday, 2017-03-23, 8:24 AM | Mensaje # 22
Private
an addition for better gameplay sight gem like in regular wc and/or magic sight branch of tower, the availability of windwalk item and heroes innate skills with only the sight dust to counter is unbalanced.

I do not find murgul overpowered to either play or fight, he is strong played well but can be beaten if you play well. I would like to know though please how the extra mana cost is worked out for anfibius growth.
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Friday, 2017-03-24, 2:34 PM | Mensaje # 23
Generalissimo

an addition for better gameplay sight gem like in regular wc and/or magic
sight branch of tower, the availability of windwalk item and heroes
innate skills with only the sight dust to counter is unbalanced.

For that reason I nerfed BladeMaster Windwalk, I don't want to make nothing similar like Gem that item just could said remove an ability from certain enemies heroes and that is too much for 1 of six items, it could have a condition like dota when hero dies drop the item except that when you can't kill the hero this become again remove an ability from your opponent, I have planning an evolution of dust an item with less cooldown that also give stats to the owner I may add it for 1.02, but keep reporting problems against invisibility enemies I may add something like a ward with true sight, I may give true sight to towers ass well for next version.

I just want to say that party team is way too powerful. You can win 1v4 easily. You know what I mean.

Are you sure? Team Party should be easier to counter for Heroes like Wendigo, the old Muradin just farm team party like a creep not sure if the new nerfed one still can do the same, but several heroes should be able to deal with it even without an strong AOE you just need to stun and kill the buffed one or run until buff are over.

Amphibious Grown will increases only mana cost. instead of reducing stats bonus as well since some didn't thing this ability is too much of a problem.
DrekTharFecha: Friday, 2017-03-24, 6:18 PM | Mensaje # 24
Colonel
Consider this; the old party team can level up so fast and get items much stronger than the other heroes' skill. Killing azazel after 15 minutes is not a problem. Don't tell me any of the other heroes can kill party archer with devil's heart after 15 min? Also party archer's arrow outranges most skills. Stunning someone from afar and killing them is so easy with the -130 armor.

Then again, could just be that I played party team more than most people. I just know that potentially it could win against any 4 heroes.
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Saturday, 2017-03-25, 2:58 AM | Mensaje # 25
Generalissimo

the old party team can level up so fast and get items much stronger than
the other heroes' skill. Killing azazel after 15 minutes is not a
problem. Don't tell me any of the other heroes can kill party archer
with devil's heart after 15 min? Also party archer's arrow outranges
most skills. Stunning someone from afar and killing them is so easy with
the -130 armor.

Then again, could just be that I played party team more than most people. I just know that potentially it could win
against any 4 heroes.

It is different when you are against players than when all players are your allied, kill Azazel and take his items in 15 minutes means all your opponents are inexperience players on this PvP, average players would not let you farm as you want they will go to neutrals and kill part or all Team Party you will lose lot of gold and they will win lot of gold, lot of exp and more important they can keep the items of the boss you was killing giving the team a very big advantage just doing well only 1 time, if they steal legendary items doing this most probably your team will lose, they can put critters to scout on the places you probably will go to kill something and in the case of Azazel, he do not necessary drop hearth, he made sounds not only for the one that is fighting him is for all the players, so the whole enemy team will know that you start fighting Azazel, when he is at half life and about to die without the need of scout you, if they steal Azazel drops from you, your team will lose for sure, it is relative easy to counter this hero.

Still with some luck and bad luck of the opposite team this hero could be incredible powerful, so I'll like to see 3 or 4 replays with team party going out of control in balance teams 3vs3, 4vs4, of course at least the opponents must been average players, no point to play against inexperience players on this PvP since with almost all heroes someone can beat 1 vs 4 against this players.
Them I could made some changes according to this games like making some neutral bosses harder to kill with team party like increasing Forest Troll armor, because without the replays a few nerfs may made this hero unplayable on strong players matches.
DrekTharFecha: Saturday, 2017-03-25, 1:07 PM | Mensaje # 26
Colonel
I'll get you a replay to illustrate what I mean, playing against people who play hote normally smile
InmortalSiegfriedFecha: Saturday, 2017-03-25, 7:34 PM | Mensaje # 27
Generalissimo
You mean that Team Party is Overpower and should be nerfed right? well some replays will not really illustrated your point so much since you can do the same with any hero play 10 games with any hero and you will have a few in that this hero look like a God and kill everyone that how this types of PvP work, but any replay you can submit will be helpful to made changes based on it, that was the point of this replays, as I said before if I just blindly nerfed thinking the hero is really overpower he may be unplayable in a moderate level or higher players game.
PD: Been good on normal Hero of The Empire does not mean that players will be good at this too.
Forum » Forum » HOTE(PvP) » Balance Suggestions » Balance Suggestions v1.00 (Read carefully the first comment before you post.)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: