Friday, 2021-12-03, 8:30 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Bug Report » Shadow Hunter's Voral Blades (Tooltip inconsistency about SH's aura/buff)
Shadow Hunter's Voral Blades
CosmicBardFecha: Wednesday, 2021-11-10, 10:18 PM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: Userr
I've just decided to give this hero a shot and found out something very strange about his passive.

Normally it's an aura that gives a percentage based boost to the damage of every friendly unit (and serpent ward) around you, but it changes to only giving damage to yourself at level 10, and only giving damage to your wards at level 11.

That is what the tooltip says, and it is indeed how the ability works. But here's the kicker.
If you buy a Champion Sword, the ability gets replaced with a completely new ability, Fast Blades, which gives you flat bonus damage, a percentage based movement speed boost, and a huge percentage based attack speed boost.
This Champion Sword interaction genuinely caught be off guard, as the tooltip just doesn't mention it, despite how important it is.

If this is intended, then I hope it gets added into the tooltip on the next update. If not, then it should probably get fixed, though that would be a pretty big nerf for the hero imo.

Oh, and another bug that I'd just like to mention real quick is the one that the Dark Mage form of Little Child has. His Scourge ability does literally nothing when you press it, it just makes you loose some mana. I've already mentioned this in a few other threads, and I'll keep mentioning it because it's an extremely huge bug that literally nobody seems to have noticed, and I really hope it gets fixed cus that form could really use some buffs xd
PtigrooFecha: Tuesday, 2021-11-16, 7:36 PM | Mensaje # 2
Private
Group: User
Hello,
Didn't know about it, but do now thanks to you smile but I tried a short game to see but I still don't see some viability for this hero with it. I mean the non champion sword form has a gameplay with wand that is intersting but pretty useless (from what I tried before). And the new form you found is fun but makes the wand gameplay even worst and since it's pretty easy to get max attack speed especially with an agility hero I don't really like the new form. Best is still playing it with +200% self in my opinion and that makes him a bad fighter hero.

That's not to complain but to show how I see it and ask you how you used this second form since you say it's nerf if removed? I'd like some inspiration smile
CosmicBardFecha: Wednesday, 2021-11-17, 6:00 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
Group: Userr
I think it's mostly a nerf because the numbers of the second passive seem rather high. Just casually getting a 900% attack speed boost forever is nothing to scoff at, and the flat damage boost is actually higher than the other passive's until you get a decently high base damage. There's also the huge movement speed boost that puts you to the maximum, so you don't have to think about getting movement speed items at all (I really value speed in HotE, cus it's a big map where you will want to move around to farm, kill bosses, collect items or even heal at the fountain). It's also literally just Marine's first skill but better in every way imaginable (a lot more attack and move speed, no mana cost, no health cost, no timed duration, and free damage cus why not).

The game that I had was... not so great, to say the least. It was the type of game where the early waves kinda overwhelm you and you're trying to find a way back into the game, and that passive swap actually saved me, for a while at least. It just generally felt more powerful than the other passive, but that probably wouldn't be the case in the lategame, because flat boosts and attack speed steroids are not as powerful there compared to a percentage damage boosts, as you've said. But it's certainly a decent passive, in my opinion.

But to be honest, I'm not exactly the most skilled HotE player out there, and my problem wasn't that it weakens or empowers the hero, but rather that this big feature is missing completely from the tooltip, so it's either an oversight and the creator forgot to put it into the description, or it's just a huge bug. And both cases should get a fix.
PtigrooFecha: Monday, 2021-11-22, 9:10 PM | Mensaje # 4
Private
Group: User
Thanks for the complete answer seems like we got around the same conclusion about it. And of course I undertand it was a bug report it was just to get a second opinion on this hero
Forum » Forum » Bug Report » Shadow Hunter's Voral Blades (Tooltip inconsistency about SH's aura/buff)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: