Tuesday, 2020-09-29, 8:00 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Bug Report » Unit Spawning Delay
Unit Spawning Delay
Alex0013Fecha: Monday, 2015-12-28, 8:19 PM | Mensaje # 1
Colonel
Group: User
Does anyone else get a very small delay/lag spike every time red & blue units spawns in the current version after about an hour/hour and a half into the game? Everyone I've played with on the current version say they have the same, just trying to see if everyone else does as well and no one is mentioning it.

I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that after an hour or so into the game, over 80+ units are spawning at the exact same time (10 or so units per lane per side), however I'm not 100% sure this is the issue.

I've talked it over with Inmortal and he seems to think it's only me and anyone that I've played with so I'm just trying to see if anyone else also experiences this. Note that I have 60/10mbps down/upload and 15-25 ping on the bots I've played on. In addition I have an Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 16GB of RAM, and 64bit Windows 10 Pro...some pretty decent specs for a game like Warcraft III.

It is only a very slight, but noticeable delay each time the units spawn after a certain amount of time. For people with lower-spec'd computers such as my friend who has an Intel Celeron (Dual Core) N2840 @ 2.16GHz, 64bit Windows 8.1, 4GB of RAM, it lags much more. This is why I believe it to be related to either the number of triggers happening when units spawn, or the physical number of units since the amount of delay seems to depend on computer specs (from what I've seen so far)

Any thoughts from players experiencing the same would be much appreciated. If you do not experience any delay whatsoever when units spawns even up to 2.5 hours into the game, please post your computer specs as I'm curious. (Processor, OS, RAM)

Thanks!
SimxFecha: Tuesday, 2015-12-29, 0:30 AM | Mensaje # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Partner/Contributor
Im not getting more lag in the current version compared the old ones if that was you asking for, however sometimes I get some lag more annoyed than normal internet lag when I play on some servers, If I play on LAN I dont have any lag besides the normals like when someone put -rite command or if there are thousands of items on the ground from neutral and Im cheking them.

I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that after an hour or so into the game, over 80+ units are spawning at the exact same time (10 or so units per lane per side), however I'm not 100% sure this is the issue.

If that the case you should getting a similar lag on previous versions, on previous versions only Knight spawn first sometimes priest too but most of the units spawn at the same time like over 70+, if you didn't have a similar lag I doub it is causing it.
When you play did you close lines? let neutral units escape from their areas and fight dark forces creeps? always pick Shadow Shaman or Raynor?
Alex0013Fecha: Tuesday, 2015-12-29, 3:25 AM | Mensaje # 3
Colonel
Quote Simx ()
more lag in the current version compared the old ones
Yes, that is what I'm asking about.

Quote Simx ()
normal internet lag when I play on some servers
I'm not getting "internet" lag.
Quote Simx ()
like when someone put -rite command
This is the kind of lag that we get, the game just hangs for a quarter second each time units spawn.
Quote Simx ()
If that the case you should getting a similar lag on previous versions
Previous versions used a different spawning system. Also, not all units spawned at the same time. Knight, Archer, Rifleman, etc. all spawned a second or so after and then once all units spawned, they all walked up together. Inmortal changed the spawning system to try to avoid the part where the different unit spawns were affected by players going to lag screen and messing up the spawns in this version.
Quote Simx ()
When you play did you close lines? let neutral units escape from their areas and fight dark forces creeps? always pick Shadow Shaman or Raynor?
No, no, and no.
SimxFecha: Friday, 2016-01-01, 5:17 AM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant
No, I have similar lag issues that in older versions but when I play on LAN I free of lag, are you try LAN?
On the thread 1.18F Bug Inmortal make some post asking people for this issue that your report in there, the only answers for this was saying that dont have more lag on the newest version than on the oldest ones.

In any case if the problem is related to the new spawning system you should have at least half of the lag since:

-Change Light Forces and Dark Forces Bosses Spawning Sistem(Dark Forces creeps have already this new sistem from long time ago).

Dark Forces creeps have this system from long time ago.

If problem persists I advice reinstall of Warcraft and test this issue before you try any online server.
Alex0013Fecha: Friday, 2016-01-01, 7:05 AM | Mensaje # 5
Colonel
Quote Simx ()
when I play on LAN I free of lag, are you try LAN?
I never play solo, because that is super boring, I only play with friends, so no LAN.

Quote Simx ()
you should have at least half of the lag since:
That really depends on what specifically is causing the spikes. If it is do to the number of units spawned, 40 units spawned simultaneously may be fine and perfectly within an acceptable range, 80+ might not be. Again, it's not a huge spike, it's less than the old Blacksmith first time using Weapon Storm thing, but it still noticeable.

Quote Simx ()
If problem persists I advice reinstall of Warcraft and test this issue before you try any online server.
It occurs on 2 different computers I own (one I just recently installed WC3 on) and happens to everyone I've talked to personally that plays the game. This won't fix anything. Also it only occurs since the new "system" was implemented, if I go back to older versions it works perfectly.

Also can you post your computer stats? Kinda curious what you are running.

Message edited by Alex0013 - Friday, 2016-01-01, 7:06 AM
SimxFecha: Tuesday, 2016-01-05, 6:37 PM | Mensaje # 6
Lieutenant

I never play solo, because that is super boring, I only play with friends, so no LAN.

You play LAN with people, you are confusing with single player.

Only solution to your problem that I can see is:

Quotereinstall of Warcraft and test this issue before you try any online server.

Message edited by Simx - Tuesday, 2016-01-05, 6:37 PM
Forum » Forum » Bug Report » Unit Spawning Delay
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: