Friday, 2020-10-23, 9:18 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Tree Of Eternity (Hero that replaces the Castle)
Tree Of Eternity (Hero that replaces the Castle)
wosfreakFecha: Thursday, 2016-02-25, 9:17 AM | Mensaje # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Partner
Just sounds like a neat concept to me.
Probably would be slow, huge, extremely survivable (with some support) not necessarily very good at dealing damage, and have good sustain and stats that scale with the game's duration. They'd be powerful, but maybe a bit risky to take into a fight in the late-game, but worth it.

This is just an idea. Been a while since I played a map where this kind of concept was around.

Here's a restriction you'll have to add on this hero: KEEP IT'S MS FIXED AT 350, or people will rush to get items that will buff the hero's MS to the point they can run from end-game bosses to endlessly stall the game.

They also wouldn't be able to become Neutral, I would imagine

Might be a cool concept for a PvP hero, too.
bebaxtFecha: Thursday, 2016-02-25, 9:52 AM | Mensaje # 2
Sergeant
Group: User
Tree of eternity already exists in the game. It is one of Worker's Titans.
yoann-leclercFecha: Thursday, 2016-02-25, 11:00 AM | Mensaje # 3
Lieutenant
Quote bebaxt ()
Tree of eternity already exists in the game. It is one of Worker's Titans.
I didnt know worker's titans where whole new heroes that replaced the castle. Maybe you should read the whole text instead of jumping on two words that you see at first glimpse and deciding the rest is irrelevant. I'm not saying that to make you feel bad or anything, if you're going to study longer than high school you should apply this too.

As for the hero in himself I think you should try and come up with a set of skills to give us a better idea of what you have in mind, because all i can see now about it is something potentially more painful to play than zombie, which is already neither the funniest nor the most efficient hero (ever tried to get the final zombie form? It's both slow as fck and absolutely useless).

Message edited by yoann-leclerc - Thursday, 2016-02-25, 11:04 AM
wosfreakFecha: Thursday, 2016-02-25, 11:51 AM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant
That was a bit of a tongue-lashing: Although I did only say Tree Of Eternity as a suggestion for the base model of the hero, the main idea was the special hero type. That's just a misunderstanding.

OoohOOOOOH how I hated the zombie. At first I was like "OOH I'm like a big swarm of zombies how cool!!" but then. I needed to go back to base. and THE FROST ARCHERS. HOOOOO!! THAT MAKES ME HOOT AND HOLLER WITH RAGE!!!

Anyway, all I really had in mind for the abilities is almost raid-boss level tankiness, and a kit that rewarded support from allies. It is supposed to be defended, after all.

But I don't think I could come up with the abilities myself. It's not that I don't have the creativity for it, it's just that I'm the kind of person who would stick all kinds of broken things on a hero, like %damage reduction and %health regen, then I would put flat damage reduction on there just to make it impossible to damage the hero. Then I'd make it so they don't have any mana costs.

And then give them free waveclear.

Gimme a bit and I'll try to scrounge something up that hopefully only has one or two of those elements.

Message edited by wosfreak - Thursday, 2016-02-25, 11:55 AM
bebaxtFecha: Thursday, 2016-02-25, 12:01 PM | Mensaje # 5
Sergeant
I read all of his suggestion and it sounded to me just a copy of Worker's Titan. It has a huge HP, regenerative ability. And you cant make him faster with ms auras just as Wosfreak suggested '' slow, huge, survivable(even without support), not very good at dealing damage''. It will probably live much longer than a copy hero whose hp would hardly reach to 100000 with best items in game unless Wosfreak specifies what he has in mind.
yoann-leclercFecha: Thursday, 2016-02-25, 2:50 PM | Mensaje # 6
Lieutenant
Quote wosfreak ()
But I don't think I could come up with the abilities myself. It's not that I don't have the creativity for it, it's just that I'm the kind of person who would stick all kinds of broken things on a hero, like %damage reduction and %health regen, then I would put flat damage reduction on there just to make it impossible to damage the hero. Then I'd make it so they don't have any mana costs.
Well I perfectly understand that. But I think you can still do it by having a look at other similar kind of game s with large amount of available champions, and check what has already been done in this map. I also suggest you analyze the needs of champions at the beginning, in the middle-game and at the end, and you can actually come up with something pretty balanced. To come back to the zombie as a random example, you only get his ultimate at a moment when the bosses will not really care about it because they have enough hp regeneration to almost nullify it. It is thus a very poor choice and absolutely underpowered compared to any ultimate that has a real impact on bosses (the vampire lord is a perfect example of something that works much better than this shtty poison stuff). You can come up with something strong, and then reduce the figures, like an ultimate that absorbs up to 50% of the boss hp as magic damage and heals your tree accordingly, then decide that actually 40% is a less overpowered figure. See what i mean?
wosfreakFecha: Friday, 2016-02-26, 2:53 AM | Mensaje # 7
Lieutenant
Quote bebaxt ()
I read all of his suggestion and it sounded to me just a copy of Worker's Titan. It has a huge HP, regenerative ability. And you cant make him faster with ms auras just as Wosfreak suggested '' slow, huge, survivable(even without support), not very good at dealing damage''. It will probably live much longer than a copy hero whose hp would hardly reach to 100000 with best items in game unless Wosfreak specifies what he has in mind.
A unit that a hero summons shouldn't really take the place of another hero, especially when this type of hero has a huge strategic difference to most other characters

Main ideas for the kit I think would be % missing health regen (the lower it's health is, the more regen it gets) and stats that scale up based on the duration of the game (Because since it's taking the place of an important objective, it's going to need high bases to survive with likely less gold income in games with more players.)

It would take root in an area to access most of it's combat functions, with mechanics that reward setting itself up in a spot, like spawning roots over time that attack enemies (Like that Tentacle summon).

Armor Type might be weird. Maybe it should just have Fortified Armor all the time; it's not the best armor type, so maybe there should be some way to improve it (durability should be it's strong suit).

Although the concept is sounding more and more like a PvP hero, It'd be cool to see something like this in the normal game-mode. I don't know if the character would end up being team-comp situational or overpowered, but it's a neat concept.

Unless he was given some kind of immunity to one-shots or %health damage, I wouldn't imagine the character being useful against the super-endgame bosses.

Can't give any specifics right now, but if the idea has merit I'll definitely polish up a complete kit (no numbers though)

Message edited by wosfreak - Friday, 2016-02-26, 2:54 AM
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Tree Of Eternity (Hero that replaces the Castle)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: