Tuesday, 2020-09-29, 8:50 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Drops and Splash
Drops and Splash
yoann-leclercFecha: Friday, 2016-04-08, 7:06 PM | Mensaje # 1
Lieutenant
Group: User
The recent versions and additions to this map were imho done very cleverly and pushed the map in the right direction. The changes to some heroes are really interesting and should be kept that way. To improve further this map I have however noticed two things that I think should be changed.

The first one I will talk briefly about because there's no need to speak plenty, and anyone who has gone further enough in it can rely. The splash damages. I am not talking about the heroes ones, but about the bosses. Now I can understand how tempting it can be when setting the splash damage reach of the strongest bosses, like dragons and else, to simply put "the entire fckin map". I believe though that it is a mistake, and that that reach should be kept reasonnable. One screen is to me the very large maximum. Yes, maybe this will make the use of the largest range towers to deal with lane dragons easier, but I don't see any problem there, and any good player is able to tank the dragon back to the towers so whatever. This would just make sure the horses and other builders cannot get one shot from the other side of the map.

The second issue I would like to raise, is one I have already adressed about the dragon's head (and i think improvements have been made on that particular item's drop rates in the last few versions). There are few items I believe to be core to most strategies, and which require to drop to make one run interesting.
For example, the pre-cited dragon's head is necessary to make DS, which is a core item to most characters using their auto-attacks to deal their main damage. Some people told me that you dont need to build DS, and that there is still excalibur if you REALLY want to change your attack type. Well, this is BS. The damage difference between both items on the singular most prominent user of these, the Assassin, is simply huge. When a slight add of damage can make a big difference between killing the boss and staying alive at 10hp or dying, I dont think it is really relevant to say "you can just build Excalibur pal, you'll deal 1/5 of the damage but w/e".

What does it mean? It mean that some items are so important that they change one run from being very successful to failing miserably. Imho, these items are:

Dragon's head, Claws, Scales
Legendary Armor
Staff of Discharge

These items should be made available against a considerable amount of money. My reasonning is that after killing 1000 dragons, you WILL have the money to buy DS, and you SHOULD be able to have it at some point. Always. Same for Absolute and its 70% spell damage reduction and other stats, and of course same for the core item to any mage.

What made me think that they should be purchaseable at some point is a singular fact: The map does bug sometimes on random things. For example, it does happen that the little trick supposed to prevent the invincibility trick just doesn't appear at the beginning of the map. How can you be sure that this does not happen to item drop chances? What if sometimes, there is just 0 chance of dropping a specific item, and you just cannot do anything because it is the core item to your long term strategy?

My suggestion would thus be to add a supplementary shop, maybe behind Gaia or wherever, that sells some of these indispensible items so that you can always be sure that you will be able to get at least this far. I would also add Boss Hunter to that shop, just for the fun of it and because it sometimes drop so late in the game that you might as well destroy it as you see it because there is no time to farm the stacks.

Thank you for reading the long post, in case you didnt want to do so here is a sum up:

DRAGON SPLASH TOO HUGE! LEGENDARY ARMOR DRAGON PARTS STAFF OF DISCHARGE NEED A SHOP!
Glass_HouseFecha: Friday, 2016-04-08, 9:21 PM | Mensaje # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Useer
This is not the first time someone complains about those items drop chance, but I agree everytime. I have lost games because I couldn't find a Dragon Head or a Staff of Discharge. Hero of the Empire seems to be a game where careful planning and decision-making are more important than mechanical skill and micromanagement, so when you put effort into a 2+ hour long game only to lose because you were unlucky feels like slap in the face. Most games you can find those intems just fine, so it's not an alarming issue, but when it does happen it's very frustrating, especially since HotE matches are long so you can't just play it anytime you want.
I'm not sure if making them purchasable is the right decision though. I can agree with Legendary Armor and Staff of Discharge, but I feel that Dragon items should be droppable only.
This issue happens mostly in single player games, and the game is probably balanced towards a full room. Maybe drop chances should be influenced by the amount of players? You are already handicapped for having fewer heroes, so having you be dependent on luck on top of it is just evil  tongue
bebaxtFecha: Saturday, 2016-04-09, 9:43 AM | Mensaje # 3
Sergeant
It happened to me many times and I reported this issue as a bug in latest version. I killed all the bosses(also revenant 20 times or smthg like that) could not get a single drop of legendary armour. even lane bosses did not drop it. Dragon head and sometimes dragon claw, dragon scale(although it happened only once), assasins lance(happened few times).

Dragon head does not drop most of the time unless you kill lvl 95 ancient green dragon(which is harder than Darigaz in my opinion). Few times It did not drop even after darigaz and lvl 95 ancient dragon. I really think this is a game bug not an issue of luck. Legendary armour especially happens very often. In  some games I could not get it from drops so I decided to steal it from Gaja with thief. No chance. In the end I had to kill Gaja just before dragons after many stealing attempt. It did not drop it.   and I lost against dragons.
cho-choFecha: Saturday, 2016-04-09, 2:54 PM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant
maybe the most elegant solution without adding more shops (which btw should be used for adding new items eventualy... happy )  is that you can have all these necessary items if u kill certain units. for ex. lvl 95 dragon has 100% chance to drop dragon head, cuz if u kill that mf u realy diserve dragon head, or gaya has 100% chance of dropping legendary armor. also pyromancer has 100%chance of droping staff of disc. etc.... ofcourse, u can put this items with 100% chance drop in some other bosses, like those side bosses that we hunt, in order to even more stimulate players to hunt them down.

Message edited by cho-cho - Saturday, 2016-04-09, 2:55 PM
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Drops and Splash
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: