Thursday, 2020-10-01, 10:28 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Final Weapon (Make into a more interesting, unique item?)
Final Weapon
KarifeanFecha: Sunday, 2016-05-01, 1:42 AM | Mensaje # 1
Colonel
Group: Partner
So one thing I really liked in the most recent update was how it balanced the teal (sacred) items so they all feel really special and good. Before version 1.19, Demonic Charm and Medea Rod felt a little lacking, but now they really live up to their color.

Which made me think about one particular item that always stood out as being so... underwhelming. I'm talking about Final Weapon, a dark blue (beyond legendary) item. Compared to other items, especially other 'beyond legendary' items it just seems weak. I haven't seen it being used in a long time. Which feels like a shame.

So here I have a number of suggestions to change Final Weapon so that it becomes a viable, interesting item:

1. Make the 1500 damage be extra base damage instead of green bonus damage. This would make the item VERY powerful, but also combat a problem that's been present in the map for a long time; how Assassin's physical damage overshadows everyone else's. With an item like this, other heroes would be given a chance to catch up and be a real competition. I guess the item would have to be undroppable from heroes with this change since adding/removing base damage in Warcraft 3 is not so trivial.

2. Make the item work for summoned units. I'm actually surprised it doesn't, it's not even one-sidedly better than any of the Tier 2 summoned units items. IMO this still wouldn't be enough to make the item feel 'as good' as the other beyond legendary items, but it's a start.

3. Have the item be "consumable" (like Magical Water), giving a permanent bonus but losing the item. As for what bonus, a base damage increase (+300? +500?) seems like the most logical option, but really it can be anything. With this, instead of Final Weapon being a more or less disappointing drop it would always be nice to find. If you think consuming many Final Weapons might upset the game balance, you could make it so consuming more than 1 Final Weapon either doesn't work at all, or have the bonus decrease (like have the first FW consume give +300 base damage, the second FW give +200).

4. Simply, increase the bonuses? When compared to items that change attack type, give critical strike etc. having an item with "just" 1500 damage and 300 armor may feel weak, but what if instead it was an item with 2500 damage and 400 or 450 armor? All of a sudden it's a much more interesting choice, especially with the armor buff since items that give a lot of armor are rare when you don't have a Blacksmith.

5. Instead of 1500 damage, have it give a high bonus (+500?) of the hero's PRIMARY attribute. This would make it de facto into a different item altogether, but I'd still find it interesting and it'd have loads of unique applications. Might be a little difficult to implement without any bugs though. It would be a nice item to have, especially if you don't get a lucky Heart of Devil drop.

Well these are just a few ideas I came up with on the spot, maybe someone else also has a good idea for what this item could become? I'd also be interested in hearing if other people think Final Weapon is okay as it is.
cho-choFecha: Thursday, 2016-05-05, 1:02 PM | Mensaje # 2
Lieutenant
Group: User
Quote Karifean ()
Make the 1500 damage be extra base damage instead of green bonus damage
I had similar idea with excalibur, it should give u 300 base damage instead of lame green added dmg, that way it could be more competitive with dragon slayer.
Quote Karifean ()
If you think consuming many Final Weapons might upset the game balance, you could make it so consuming more than 1 Final Weapon either doesn't work at all, or have the bonus decrease
thats excellent idea and by my opinion i wouldnt decrease bonus if u use it again. . there arent many final weapon in the game, u should concider yrslf lucky if u find 2 of them, especially if u play in team, the balance would not be upset.
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Final Weapon (Make into a more interesting, unique item?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: