Saturday, 2020-09-26, 11:50 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Revamp item descriptions (My idea to revamp item description)
Revamp item descriptions
AlmaterradorFecha: Wednesday, 2016-11-16, 1:20 AM | Mensaje # 1
Lieutenant
Group: User
Hello everyone smile I haven't visited this forums in a loong time. So to be short I'd like to explain my suggestion. I find that the current system is a bit sloppy so my recommendation is that we make a "standard" for tooltips and improve the performance of new players. When I started playing this map I remember that I always wondered the price of items  "Accurate Sword? How much does that cost?"  spending a lot of time in base running through the shops trying to figure out how much gold I would need to get Mugen. Here's an example:
http://i66.tinypic.com/3496k4p.png
DrekTharFecha: Wednesday, 2016-11-16, 1:45 AM | Mensaje # 2
Colonel
Group: Partner
I like that idea very much! Especially when you're looking to make something like chronos and you have 21,000 gold just to find out that you are 2,400 short with an (essentially useless item)
Alex0013Fecha: Wednesday, 2016-12-21, 2:13 AM | Mensaje # 3
Colonel
The idea is nice to have. The only issue is that, to my knowledge, there isn't a good way to pull in the gold value into the tooltip. Thus, if the price updates, Inmortal will have to make sure to go into every recipe and update there too (which may be a pain.)
I_lol_youFecha: Saturday, 2017-01-07, 11:03 PM | Mensaje # 4
Private
Having to agree that the current item descriptions are a bit confusing, I really like your idea.
To build on top of that, I would also add the name of the shop where the individual parts of a recipe can be found to the description of the recipe.
Alex0013Fecha: Saturday, 2017-01-07, 11:24 PM | Mensaje # 5
Colonel
Quote I_lol_you ()
To build on top of that, I would also add the name of the shop where the individual parts of a recipe can be found to the description of the recipe.
I've played HotE for years and I couldn't tell you the name of the shops. I don't think this would be very useful. I don't think I've seen many, if any, games that do that for recipes. I feel like the tooltips would get too long with all of that.
I_lol_youFecha: Sunday, 2017-01-08, 10:06 PM | Mensaje # 6
Private
Quote Alex0013 ()
I've played HotE for years and I couldn't tell you the name of the shops. I don't think this would be very useful. I don't think I've seen many, if any, games that do that for recipes. I feel like the tooltips would get too long with all of that.

Fair enough. I just remember back when I played the game for the first few times, having to scan through all the shops looking for that one item that I need for the recipe ..
It certainly is no issue for more experienced players any more smile
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Revamp item descriptions (My idea to revamp item description)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: