Monday, 2018-11-12, 11:00 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Ideas » start/early game flexible items (discuss some cheap items required to add)
start/early game flexible items
smkFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-09, 10:35 AM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
the main problem to solve: get some start/early item build flexibility

example:
item name: Crown of the False King (or Broken boots of blablabla, or idk)
gives: 30 MS/ +3 stats/ 100 HP/ 1 HP reg/ 35% MP reg/ crit 20% x3 damage/ 20% evasion/ 10% cleaving/ orb of frost
restriction: can't carry/pick up more then one
cost: 600 gold, sell: 1 gold

balance idea: being never able to use full power of item
30 MS/ +3 stats/ 100 HP/ 1 HP reg/ 35% MP reg - great, but item isn't recipe partial
crit 20% x3 damage/ 20% evasion - nice. go kill Forest Troll Warlord?, but you already -rite scrolls of 40 agility, etc items

yes, for Survival Mode it's completely broken, but it's going to extend playble character list: step out of magic only

P.S: why demonic charm supposed to be only 25% of "all bossed killed" games, give more flexible items plz

Message edited by smk - Saturday, 2018-06-09, 10:38 AM
Dean123Fecha: Sunday, 2018-06-17, 0:49 AM | Mensaje # 2
Private
I disagree with the idea new items should be added. I'd instead argue in the favor of decreasing the price of some already existing items, or increasing starting gold available to 1000, to make early game as you said more flexible, variable and interesting. The items I am talking about are stuff like Simple Sword and stuff. I am talking about items you'll use later on in valid sets, and so far the only item that fits that description is Runed Bracers and its pieces.
I think it'd be much easier to increase starting gold to 1000 though.
smkFecha: Monday, 2018-06-18, 3:20 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
Or give 1kk everyone to get full """flexibility"""?

The logic of "I want that sword, go make it cheaper" doesn't work.

Try to pick mage and find any reason not to rush Arcane Scepter, it's really hard.

There are lots of "never buy items", while everyone going to buy recipe particles only// 99%.
All extra slot fillers, you are going to take, are item drops.
You often can't farm creeps, untill you get their drops, while 99,9% drops per game go into trashbox.
etc

This considered to be not flexible and have almost all the same breakpoints for any character.
KarifeanFecha: Monday, 2018-06-18, 4:26 PM | Mensaje # 4
Colonel
Group: Partner
I do think it'd be great if there was a damage item you can start with. As of right now your starter item is either a consumable (salve, clarity, port scroll), HP reg (leather helm), defense (low quality armor / shield of wood), mana + mana reg (pendant of mana), attack speed (gloves of haste), move speed (boots of speed), or all stats (circlet of nobility). The lack of a damage starter item kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

Your item suggestion kinda feels like a ridiculously powerful early game item ngl. I think it's alright as is to have starter items be more differentiated and specialized instead of having a "one for all" item like yours is; Circlet kinda fulfills that role except your item is infinitely more powerful than it, for a lower gold cost no less. The crit and evasion on it are especially insane.
yy19980428Fecha: Tuesday, 2018-06-19, 12:50 PM | Mensaje # 5
Private
Here are some ideas of mine:
    I don't think it is necessary to add more start items. Althought the early stage of HOTE is fairly more difficult than that in other maps, yet this is exactly where HOTE's charm lies in-you should 'strugle' to survive in the early stage (usually for green hand) .
    And maybe the damage items don't belong to the 'start items' ! I agree that most hero will face a 'weak stage' when level is quiet low, and such 'weak stage' could be HOTE's balance. But  ususlly every level will add about 4 statss, which means 5.2 damage, thus most hero will find it fairly easy to have the last hit after level is 3 or 5.  So the introduction of start damage item may ruin such balance?
    As for start gold, 1000 gold may be a great idea, but i still suggest maintain 780 gold. If you pick 2 gold coins, then you get 1280 gold ,and that will cover a horse, 400-gold helmet and 700-gold armor, which i beleve is not a coincidence. And if you get 1000 gold to start, then 2 gold coins means you have 1500. So couldn't  a 1500-gold sword be  too op to some degree? 
    Btw, if my memory doesn't go wrong, only those who get request points can design new items with their own idea. So could such disscussion about new start items be a little bit unpractical?
Forum » Forum » Ideas » start/early game flexible items (discuss some cheap items required to add)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: