Monday, 2020-08-10, 10:24 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Ideas » hero issues (I feel a lot of heros are lacking general viability)
hero issues
gabrielmackey7Fecha: Friday, 2020-06-05, 8:02 AM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
many heros need new abilities or improved pre existing abilities to compete with other more powerful heros such as illidan, berserker, kael, blacksmith, etc. a good example of a hero lacking ALOT is the keeper of the grove, his wolves are pathetic, his possess is only available against fodder, his abilties are simply way too weak and you could argue he is meant to do well in a casual game where you rush but in reality many other heroes completely outpace and outpower keeper at every point of the game, for example the beast master. the little child's different paths lack viability as well, ony a handful are actually useful like swordsman, flesh golem, and abom..

Added (2020-06-05, 8:03 AM)
---------------------------------------------
casters need more intel based abilities because the intel spell items currently make mage play repetitive regardless of character and it simply comes down to survivability and intel amount with no depth to the character, only jaina arguably adds depth with her exceptional amplify, kael is completely unmatched with mana shield and orb splash though, he makes all other intel heros seem useless in comparison. please feel free to object my grievances or add your own, I simply hope Siegfried could consider this thre
ad as hote is my absolute favorite map and I'd love to see it grow

RocketFecha: Thursday, 2020-06-11, 0:06 AM | Mensaje # 2
Private
Group: Contributor
Each player seems to have his own list of heroes ´´Good´´,´´Bad´´ , ´´useless´´ most of the ones killing hard bosses like level 130 or higher, rate very high Keeper of the grove, can do great as a solo hero, help in any kind of game and is a must in an armor reduction strategy. This players rate very low some of the heroes your rated high like Beast Master, Kael ,Swordman(LC).
In my opinion all are very strong, there was an old Quest of killing Bahamut in a solo game when there wasn't very strong items like the Holy ones and even more some items like Hunting was forbidden for this Quest and I think all heroes do it and lately I saw on the site some challenges of killing Death or Byatis single player not repeating heroes, In my mind if any hero can solo kill a level 99 boss or even higher meaning they can win the game by theirselves cause Doom is a lot weaker than Bahamut, I can't call that weak or useless.
Beside all of these in any new version I see heroes getting new buff, nerf , new effects, new abilities I like this changes feel refreshing really hope to see them kept coming.
gabrielmackey7Fecha: Friday, 2020-06-12, 5:05 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
keeper's armor reduction is outpaced by the child agi vampire so again pointless. and the amount of armor it reduces is mediocre at best. there is an item that reduces armor much more effectively that any hero could use. I agree that its nice seeing new content as immortal works through updates, Another issue I wanna touch on is the fact that the holy bow restrictions have caused the assassin to get outpaced in damage by several characters endgame and its sad, this seriously needs to be addressed, assassin was my brother's favorite character to play before i started consistently outdamaging, and out tanking him by a large margine with illidan and berserker

Added (2020-06-12, 5:09 PM)
btw, as I am claiming the assassin issue should be touched on, I'm aware allowing her to get the bow would seem op, so instead, maybe buff her damage increments to compensate? she is supposed to be raw dps but the 22k bonus from azurean locksley plus the damage bonus and damage per level has her beat by several characters

predragovictomislavFecha: Friday, 2020-06-12, 9:30 PM | Mensaje # 4
Colonel
Quote gabrielmackey7 ()
keeper's armor reduction is outpaced by the child agi vampire

This alone is enough for me to see that you need many more games before you can say "this hero is good, this one is bad".

After you go to bosses lvl 99+ you will see that LC vampire armor reduction is pointless because its removed on 1st attack after cast. On the other hand there is only one boss that can't be "destroyed" with Keeper's ultimate for full duration. Armor reduction is marginal here, bosses are destroyed with attack speed and move speed reductions.

Another important fact:
Keeper solo record = lvl 180 boss
LC vampire solo record = lvl 150 boss
All other heroes you named get max lvl killed < 150 and Beast Master is one of weakest in entire game when it comes to late game with highest lvl killed = 100 to my knowledge (Apocalypse) but also is one of few heroes that is good and easy for new players to learn about this great game.
gabrielmackey7Fecha: Saturday, 2020-06-13, 10:44 PM | Mensaje # 5
Private
you just insinuated that the keeper does better than illidan or berserker... there is an item that effectively reduces armor per attack that as i said before, any hero can use. the keeper isn't a good hero.

Added (2020-06-13, 10:47 PM)
also I referenced the beast master to compare early game, you need to acknowledge context. i never said he was good late game.

Added (2020-06-13, 10:57 PM)
and one last thing, determining viability of heros by recod times set by other players is an incompetent way to interpret them. an very skilled player could reach an exceptional boss with a lacking hero by compensating with secret recipes, towers, and possibly even glitches.

Added (2020-06-13, 10:58 PM)
you can't just look at a record set by a player amd assume it defines the hero used. thats silly.

RocketFecha: Wednesday, 2020-06-17, 0:00 AM | Mensaje # 6
Private
For armor reduction you use every ability you have if there is one reducing less does not mean is bad bosses have around 1000 armor stronger bosses like Agiel have around 1500 one item not do anything against this bosses you need several heroes and several armor reductions items to make a difference, there is no item that can reduce more armor than keeper, he can reduce 200 with his ultimate and 80 with one of his abilities and reducing armor is not all that he can do, he can reduce damage and attack speed all this effects can not be removed what makes it always helpful against any kind of boss,chaging the subject not all level 99 and higher remove buffs when are attacked actually very few of them can remove every buff others can remove some like normal stuns and other can't remove anything.

returning to main subject: Yes Keeper is an extremely strong hero is beyond good and this have been proved on hundreds of public games.
predragovictomislavFecha: Wednesday, 2020-06-17, 3:01 AM | Mensaje # 7
Colonel
Quote gabrielmackey7 ()
other heroes completely outpace and outpower keeper at every point of the game, for example the beast master

Quote gabrielmackey7 ()
I referenced the beast master to compare early game, you need to acknowledge context. i never said he was good late game.

Im bad at English. Can you please explain me where in 1st quote i can see you are writing for early game only? 

Im only writing about what i tested. And i tested every hero in this game. Many times. Keeper is one of best heroes in solo and in team games. Difference from other heroes you named is that you need more skill to play him. We are writing much about only one hero, probably this will just make you think even stronger he is bad.

This time i will end with other hero you mentioned - Kael. And i will agree with you that he is super-strong compared to other int damage-dealing heroes. Not many players play him but he is always my 1st choice to test new versions. Other casters simply can't match farming ability of his orb and with all this new items casters end up without gold in mid-endgame. But pls don't make Kael weaker in next version, we need to help other casters to farm better in 2nd half of game. Perhaps add some extra ability to Holy staff like have xy% chance do do XYZ damage in small-medium aoe, get one charge with every cast and bonus aoe damage depends on number of charges. At this time Volcanic sword is only hope to effectively farm kills in lategame for many rangers including agi heroes. Only other choice is to keep Hunter at TWIMP form but again its hard to get there since we farm slow.
gabrielmackey7Fecha: Wednesday, 2020-06-17, 10:43 PM | Mensaje # 8
Private
Ah you're actually right about my incorrect statement in reference to the beast master, for that, my apologies. also, i would like to mention tsurugi reduces armor by up to 500 so the assumption that no item reduces more than keeper, is incorrect. the difference is large even, and investing in heros with armor reduction simply for an extra bit of armor reduction, really limits how far you could get in comparison to using characters with better late game scaling for dps items like silver, perfect ruby, and azurean locksley. I still stand by my statement that the keeper isnt good enough.
RocketFecha: Saturday, 2020-06-20, 8:54 AM | Mensaje # 9
Private
Kusanagi no tsurugi reduce a maximum of 150 armor.
gabrielmackey7Fecha: Saturday, 2020-06-20, 6:42 PM | Mensaje # 10
Private
i thought it was by 5 up to 100 times
RocketFecha: Tuesday, 2020-06-23, 12:58 PM | Mensaje # 11
Private
would be 5 armor per attack max 30 hits, the 150 maximum armor reduction is detailed on the item.
Dean123Fecha: Tuesday, 2020-07-14, 1:38 AM | Mensaje # 12
Lieutenant
Bro there's a video on YouTube of Keeper of the Sky solo killing Mesantiga End Laika wtf are you even talking about

Message edited by Dean123 - Tuesday, 2020-07-14, 1:38 AM
Forum » Forum » Ideas » hero issues (I feel a lot of heros are lacking general viability)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: