[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Crucial Review/Suggestions
Crucial Review/Suggestions
KainFecha: Tuesday, 2021-01-19, 9:36 AM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
Introduction:
please excuse my language if its somewhat so strong, its just to express to you how crucial my conclusion on the gameplay in this map based on my experience(5-6 years), also I am only eager to let the community and the creator know about it.

the gameplay elements I will review are very poor, and its very necessary to change them,

I am against balancing all heroes so that some of the heroes can just retain their identity as being really strong or just can do things others can not, I like this, but you need to put some heroes back in the game, its really boring to play same heroes over and over, the planned games I play have very limited heroes, almost half heroes we don't use, and most of them for a good reason, I know we will never use them as long as they are in their current state, however you dont have to balance every hero, this is a fun map but its easy to just buff some abilities,
in this post I will discuss Blacksmith.

I hope I help to deliver to you a view of the gameplay without putting any pressure,
I developed a game before and I know how stressful it already is, ty for your awesome map.

in some aspects the map is really lacking and very poor but it has a really great potential and in my opinion it is one of the greatest maps I played in wc3

-1 BS hero
-2 early gameplay

-1 Blacksmith merges were really good back in the day, but after azazel was added to the game, and many many more bosses
and more and more items became available late game, merges started looking mediocre, and in fact as of right now I think except for only 2 I can think of, all items BS can provide are obsolete,

every game we are thinking of putting a plan I always think of picking BS, (I really like this hero)
but I just think its a waste of player slot to be a BS cause any other hero in the game will be more useful than an obsolete hero

any other hero who can do a little bit of any of these:
armor reduction or a little bit dps/ buffing/ healing/ tanking, is way more useful than BS, also i think there are 0 items he can provide late game for helping mates, there could be merges I do not know about, but I know 800 armor, 80% magic reduc, aoe axe, lots of merges i cant mention here, any item dropping from byatis/glacial wolf boss and onward bosses makes these so useless the only useful thing BS can do is merging the sword that provides good crits that drops from high lvl bosses (i wont mention its name cause it could be illegal), this is the only useful merge, and even in later patches the another sword with better crits and stats was introducing making this merge also useless if the team is lucky enough to get it(god slayer i think it is).

in short, if you have average/good team this hero is a waste to pick even if you are really good at merges, you just waste a player slot, you can only make the high magic resist item,

ٍSolution /Modifications:
I think this hero should be changed greatly, here is some suggestions, overall just make him more useful late game is most important, also more early game merges

1- 3rd ability (improve armor) aoe ability that adds armor to all heroes in game or around him in like 1500 aoe or to target and himself (so both BS always gets perma buffed), also make it add lots of armor mb 2-4 armor per cast, not only 1, also make it his ultimate, also make it do more improvements, like hp/dmg/hpregen, and mb +3*(ability level) allstats for every cast, or make it reduce the target's attack cooldowntime by 0.01sec (similar to what exc do) just any of those.
2- (maybe)make his ultimate a normal ability and replace it with his 3rd (when his forge is a normal ability you can make it really long CD on initial levels).
3- useless 1st and 2nd ability you can change them to anything you think of, make them useful.
4-add more merges, enable better early game merges, better late game merges, so that this hero is a buff for the team in both early and late game, as of right now hes only good early game, if you got really good team, your merges wont be used, they all got better equipments.
5-mb even make his armor reduction aoe merged item(wont mention it but its a scimitar) reduce more armor in large aoe.
6-make it a better hero in any way you can think of

-2 early gameplay:

-1 the early gameplay of this map is so stressful, sometimes I think like why am I even playing this causing too much stress,
I would play any other game, or do anything else in life but play this map, and here is the most stressful thing about it (last hits), just make them easier if possible, I know this map is really hard and its a part of its identity, but so much late gameplay was added over its life time(updates) and this early part of the gameplay is kind of isolated from late game so its pointless that its so stressful (however I will discus below how its related to late gameplay).

-2 the start of the game:
the game starts right away, there is nothing players can make in the start that is dependent on their knowledge of the game
that will make things go more smoothly/better in early game(except for some barrel kills which have soooo little chance to change anything in the game), I mean giving players more time before the game starts, adding demi bosses that can give a couple of items and some gold if fought with good players this would give the start a meaning.
for example in map (darkness reborn) you can have an option to do many starts (pick what creeps to fight) and thus you have so much to optimize at the start, adding demi bosses / special creeps like poison treant would be cool; and make them killable at the start.

-3 more and more neutral bosses where added to the game, and more time is required to reach them, but the game time is still the same (around 3 hrs and half)
and thus extreme optimization is required to reach all of them, or just a satisfying amount; idk what workaround you can do about it, increasing game time would make this so long game even longer, and making them weaker defeats the purpose of this map(being so difficult), so maybe make initial bosses killable a bit earlier like (bandit, troll warlord, green dragon, and idk maybe azazel), also maybe adding the demi bosses I mentioned in point 2 would enable better start and thus to begin killing bosses earlier, and more early game items also will be an easy solution to this.

overall the start of the game should be modified for many reasons, and will bring so many good changes to the gameplay

this is the end of my review.

here is a list of the changes I mentioned in this post
BS:
-1 modify perma buff ability so that BS and other players can benefit from it, maybe make it his ultimate, and make forge really long cd on early levels.
-2 Change other 1st and 2nd abilities to make them more useful.
-3 add more merges, enable better early game merges, better late game merges, so that this hero is a buff for the team in both early and late game.
-4 Better armor reduction AOE items
-5 make it a better hero in any way you can think of

Early Gameplay:
-1 fix early stress by (better starting items/gold, more bounty from lane creep kills, easier last hits)
-2 give players 4 mins more before lanes start, add demi-bosses/special-creeps with good drops/gold/exp killable at the start with 5-8 level 1 players,
-3 initial bosses killable a bit earlier like (bandit, troll warlord, green dragon, and idk maybe azazel)
-4 enable better start and thus to begin killing bosses earlier, and better/more early game items also will be an easy solution.

Message edited by Kain - Tuesday, 2021-01-19, 9:50 AM
Dean123Fecha: Thursday, 2021-01-21, 10:34 PM | Mensaje # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Users
This is the only part in your post I agree with.

Quote Kain ()
3 more and more neutral bosses where added to the game, and more time is required to reach them, but the game time is still the same (around 3 hrs and half)

I actually wanted to make a separate post / suggestion about this but I saw you already made something, so I'll just comment here. There should be an "endless mode" (-em) where Michael never comes.

Far more than 3 neutral bosses were added by the way, while the game time remained the same.

Message edited by Dean123 - Friday, 2021-01-22, 10:24 PM
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Crucial Review/Suggestions
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: