Tuesday, 2020-09-22, 6:16 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Dragon Head
Dragon Head
yoann-leclercFecha: Wednesday, 2015-07-01, 10:13 AM | Mensaje # 1
Lieutenant
Group: User
I have a little suggestion concerning the item dragon head. I believe this map is made so ability to kill stronger bosses is rewarded and you get an advantage by killing multiple of those, like getting gem fragment for the successive boss starting by the forest troll, or the dragon slayer by killing almost all dragons. However i find it pretty useless to farm the map for 3 hours straight without getting a single dragon head on any of the 7 or 8 dragons killed, which are all dragons before Ancient Green Dragon + Saphiron and Dark Dragon. My suggestion is simple, just slightly increase dragon head drop chances, and imo put 100% chance that it drops on Mighty Green Dragon, the last "killable" dragon without dragon slayer. It will just make the map much more enjoyable and unlock much less randomly the most difficult bosses for people able to kill all those dragons.
Alex0013Fecha: Thursday, 2015-07-02, 4:15 AM | Mensaje # 2
Colonel
Not sure what you mean because Ancient Green Dragon has a 100% chance to drop Dragon Head.
yoann-leclercFecha: Thursday, 2015-07-02, 6:14 AM | Mensaje # 3
Lieutenant
Ancient Green Dragon is the very last one, if you read carefully what I wrote I suggest adding a 100% drop rate on the previous one, Mighty Green Dragon. I think after killing all these green dragons it s totally stupid if you just dont get any significant reward, and the random part just makes you count on luck more than on skill to achieve different things in the map.
Alex0013Fecha: Thursday, 2015-07-02, 2:01 PM | Mensaje # 4
Colonel
Ah, sorry I misread what you typed. I thought you meant including Ancient, Saphiron, and Dark.

Your request does make sense though, because by the time you get to Ancient, there aren't that many dragons left to use Dragon Slayer on. Unless I guess you kill Ancient super early and use it on all the lane dragons.
yoann-leclercFecha: Monday, 2015-07-06, 1:25 PM | Mensaje # 5
Lieutenant
Redid one full game today with marine, still no head on the pre-quoted dragons, so like 7 or 8. I seem to recall they were spitting fire and stuff at me through their heads, where did those go? Seriously need to work on this. I just have no fun playing a game when I know that "ah, at this point there is a problem that makes the whole time spent irrelevant". Won't really play the map until something is done about those heads.
Alex0013Fecha: Tuesday, 2015-07-07, 1:47 AM | Mensaje # 6
Colonel
You are going to stop playing the map because 1 item doesn't have a high enough drop rate for you early enough? Even if it had a higher drop rate, it doesn't guarantee it for you.

I've had games where I don't get Dragon Claws before (at all on any dragon), it's unlucky and it sucks, but sometimes you are just unlucky. Claws have higher chances at dropping than head (except for the 2 dragons that have 100% chance to drop head) Upping the chances, unless you are proposing every dragon has a 100% chance to drop head, isn't going to completely change the entire game for you.

Message edited by Alex0013 - Tuesday, 2015-07-07, 1:48 AM
yoann-leclercFecha: Tuesday, 2015-07-07, 7:49 AM | Mensaje # 7
Lieutenant
Of course it does change the entire game. Just like with many other games it might seem like there are many options as to the build you can make and the choices you have, going to one part of the jungle or another, starting with one boss or another. Truth is there is not if you want to reach the most difficult bosses in the game in solo plays. The order in which you can and should actually do bosses is more limited than it seems, you have a very short time between lane bosses to farm other bosses and the dragons are both far from the lane and relatively difficult to kill. Killing one or two of them is not such a huge challenge, and I will never suggest that all dragons drop five heads, claws, blood and scales. 
The problem is, if you reach Darigaaz without Dragon Slayer, while he might still  be killable (and yet since he now pillar of flames your tower if you try to kill him near them you have to use your hero alone), it's gonna take almost all the time between his appearance and the arrival of Bahamuth. Even if Darigaaz drops the head, you wont even have the time to go craft dragon slayer. You will die 100% on Bahamuth and there is nothing you can do about it.

When the end of the game is determined by sheer luck and not by your efforts to attain different objectives, yes, Alex0013, I can tell that is not a game I really want to play. I've done this map plenty of times and done the objectives prior Bahamuth enough times with enough different heroes. This one item we are talking about is just a must have for plenty of heroes. That is why I'm saying too low a drop rate of dragon heads make the game irrelevant for these.
Forum » Forum » Ideas » Dragon Head
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: