Monday, 2018-10-15, 1:51 PM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Forum » Others Warcraft 3 Maps » New HotE Map In developement. Asking for your opinions. (Im working on map and want to know what players would like.)
New HotE Map In developement. Asking for your opinions.
TronFecha: Friday, 2018-06-29, 10:03 PM | Mensaje # 1
Private
Group: User
So basically, I'm working on my own version on HotE (from scratch ofc) and want to know what players would like in it.
It will be little more complex, especially in way champion abilities will work together, Siege mechanics and more.
Map will be in English ofc, with lots of secrets and unlockables.
Also its Elf vs Orc theme.

I'm asking you if you would like:
Minigames (Giving loot and special items (Do you want them to pause rest of game or not))

"Summoner Spells" Spells that every champion can pick at start of game and use ( League of Legends-like)

Enemy progression ( Instead of new stronger enemy spawns ( in waves) they will receive random buffs and abilities, making them equal in early  game and late

Advanced siege (Not just walk to turret and hit it till its dead, but ability to initiate siege wave,
differences between night/day siege )

Background music / songs (would be able to toggle off, nothing aggressive or too modern, but it will increase filesize a bit)

And later, when map will be mostly finished, I would like to add "Skin" codes, way to reskin champions for visual liking.
Codes for this will be earned in game.

Asking for your opinions.

I would be happy for any recommendations, tips, champion concepts (thou I have about 35 already) ability/ item ideas and such
For champion concepts, Every champion has Passive, 4 Basic skills and Ultimate
Almost all spells have some form of scaling from stats/attributes, and for this heroes gain less stats for levelups,
but gain separate hp-mana-armor per level
Skills mostly interact with other skills of champion.
Attributes will be purchasable, but only in more complex way. Also some champions will be able to boost others.

Tears in stone enslaved,Like blood within my blade.
Cold yet swirls around,Blood that flows unbound.

Message edited by Tron - Friday, 2018-06-29, 11:23 PM
hisgenliFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-30, 10:31 AM | Mensaje # 2
Lieutenant colonel
You know what i would love to see? If "Hero of the Empire" is some kind of a trilogy of maps. Like you set up a storyline in which your map is either before Inmortals HOTE or after. If its After i would choose a similar map design like Inmortal like enemies spawn and you have to fight them but without protecting the castle, only your life or sth. If its Before i would choose some kind of Mastermind which you have to pass in order to help the Light Force and eventually "arrive" at Inmortals HOTE. I dont need another HOTE map besides Inmortals. 

But feel free to check out my "Possible Improvements" Thread on the Homepage; i mostly like all the stuff i posted there wink
TronFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-30, 4:33 PM | Mensaje # 3
Private
First, Im not going to base my map, or adjust it for HotE. I want something similar but with more complicated mechanics, thats all.
I could add some references if Immortal would agree to that but its separate map.

Saying you don't need another HotE map, sadly, kinda puts me in position where talking to you no longer has a point.
I have read thru your ideas, almost all are applicable only on HotE map.
I can promise I'll add plenty of secrets, hidden areas or areas where only certain heroes can get.
Also Ill try to make every hero interesting, with no abilities being useless, as they will often chain into combos.

I know Im trying to make something that will be shadowed by HotE, as it is already fully developed, has huge fan base and good developer, but I will make it none the less. Even if me and friends would be only ones who play.

Im here to ask for opinions of players, so when I do publish it it would please as many as possible.

I see you are veteran player, so when I finish basics of map I will need help balancing it, I'm sure I could use your help then.
Thanks for reply.

Message edited by Tron - Saturday, 2018-06-30, 4:44 PM
hisgenliFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-30, 5:19 PM | Mensaje # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Ill check it out when its "finished" or in beta. But i am not in a developer situation. If i would be, ild suggest you start with a story first; then "create" the map in the editor. Without a story, most of the maps are just like any other. 
Yeah most of my suggestions are HOTE based. But i would still love to see a map with a 
  • Fighting Pit where you can challenge other heroes or sth. or a Dual System

and
  • difficulty system like easy (0% handycap), normal (20%), veteran (40%), elite (60%), nightmare (80%), unbeatable (100%) and impossible (1000%)

I have a good idea for a minigame but it costs a lot of "area". Groups of two heroes are set in a area where they have to fight some units and their leader. This has some levels. The first team who finishes the last leader wins a reward. There was a map (dont know the name anymore );) which had that and it was competitive and funny together cause it has teamwork and you can achieve sth from it. At the beginning is a Fountain and a Shop; so you gotta calculate if you want to keep on fighting but risk to loose or if you go to fountain to stay alive but risk that other groups can make it till the end. You cant walk through the levels cause they are devided by a gate which can only be destroyed if the leader of the level is destroyed. 

Have a n1 one
KarifeanFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-30, 5:33 PM | Mensaje # 5
Colonel
Group: Partner
I'm definitely a fan of Summoner Skills and Advanced Siege ideas. Enemy Progression also sounds very interesting, though I'd like to add that I'd like it if the random buffs were noticeable enough to make an actual difference in gameplay.

Minigames and Songs I'm not a fan of. They can both work if done very well, but are hard to get right... it's risky to build your game around minigames, and if they aren't a core part of your map they shouldn't be a concern yet anyways. And as for music, it'll seriously bloat your map file size and most players will probably keep it muted and listen to their own music anyways.

Either way, best of luck with your map, I'd love to see more maps with this gameplay concept. Preferably ones that aim for a shorter playtime than HotE, too. If you guys need any help with the mapping/coding process, feel free to drop me a PM here or on Discord.
TronFecha: Saturday, 2018-06-30, 7:03 PM | Mensaje # 6
Private
Quote hisgenli ()
difficulty system like easy (0% handycap), normal (20%), veteran (40%), elite (60%), nightmare (80%), unbeatable (100%) and impossible (1000%)
This will be there. Modes that will modify strength of enemies, gold income and such. I wanted to add that mostly to add possibility for testing builds, solo/duo play and such, but adding higher diff wont be problem.

Quote Karifean ()
I'm definitely a fan of Summoner Skills and Advanced Siege ideas. Enemy Progression also sounds very interesting, though I'd like to add that I'd like it if the random buffs were noticeable enough to make an actual difference in gameplay.
Buffs will be in style that some may gain poison to their attacks, crits, magic rezist, explode on death and such, so I hope it will be noticeable. Im more worried about balancing.

Quote Karifean ()
It's risky to build your game around minigames, and if they aren't a core part of your map they shouldn't be a concern yet anyways.
Game wont be build around them, its just way to spice up things a bit. I dont think Ill manage to make my map super serious anyway. And I do have to concern about them as I will have to add space for them. Its going to be huge map but still.

Quote Karifean ()
Preferably ones that aim for a shorter playtime than HotE, too.
Im still unsure about game length, but Im sure I could add quick-play mode.

Quote Karifean ()
If you guys need any help with the mapping/coding process, feel free to drop me a PM here or on Discord.
Thanks for offer, might need it someday.

ConRellyFecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-03, 2:53 PM | Mensaje # 7
Lieutenant
Group: Partner
Any chance to make the map on Dota 2 platform ?
TronFecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-03, 6:27 PM | Mensaje # 8
Private
Very very low

shockwaveforever1995Fecha: Tuesday, 2018-07-10, 1:56 AM | Mensaje # 9
Private
just some random idea like:
making the game about defending your line and you can send extra creeps like hero line and get some income form it (not that huge income)like the creeps you can send cost wood and you can earn some wood from farming outside the lane by killing specific creeps in the forest (just as a mode in game)
another random idea like:
adding some side arena in which you got some footmen that are being spawned every 30 sec (kinda look like footman) and every time you win the arena that tend to happen every 10 min you tend to have advantages if you won that arena like (an item or extra gold)
hope this will help you in you map development,stay safe and do not do drugs cool
TronFecha: Saturday, 2018-07-14, 4:28 AM | Mensaje # 10
Private
@shockwaveforever1995
Quote shockwaveforever1995 ()
making the game about defending your line and you can send extra creeps like hero line and get some income form it

Funny thing is, thats almost exactly how I planned it.
Wood will be used to send more units, improve defenses, upgrade troops or send special "Siege" wave when you decide to challenge enemy stations, also for some more special weapons or few hero upgrades.
Some lane units, (abomination like) will have chance to drop it, but you get way more in side lanes ( lets call it jungle)
Spending wood/gold or some special items will make it possible for player to leave lane until boss arrives
(like building turrets in HotE)

farming outside the lane by killing specific creeps in the forest

There will be side lanes, and will be more important then in HotE, as it will be source of resources, special items, collectibles and reinforcements. Also I will add special quests, not just kill x of y creatures, that will take place there.

another random idea like:adding some side arena in which you got some footmen that are being spawned every 30 sec
I want to add various minigames, but thats low on priority list.
This is good idea, and if I would be to add minigames, this will be there too.
But instead of using your champion, you will gain control of special mini-hero of your choice (only in arena)
That's because some champions will be heavily hindered in such combat, and it would be unfair

As for timing, I think that players would get to choose every 10 min if they want to try minigame (or buy it with tokens)
If yes, then map is frozen and they get to choose from 3 random minigames ( not all minigames on list)
Rewards will be in gold/wood/shadow gems (collectible that can be traded for special stuff, upgrades etc) with chance for special items that will be exclusive for each minigame

Thanks for reply and have a nice day ^^

Forum » Forum » Others Warcraft 3 Maps » New HotE Map In developement. Asking for your opinions. (Im working on map and want to know what players would like.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: